Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The top crime committed by illegal aliens in the U.S. ? - I.C.E.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The top crime committed by illegal aliens in the U.S. ? - I.C.E.

Charlotte police stage traffic checkpoint in immigrant community. The top offense?

BY MARK PRICE
    msprice@charlotteobserver.com
    DECEMBER 08, 2017 06:26 AM
    UPDATED 3 HOURS 0 MINUTES AGO

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police conducted a traffic safety checkpoint along one of Charlotte’s so called “international corridors” over night, and they found the top offense was people driving without a license.

Over a four-hour period, officers ticketed 25 people driving without a license in the 4900 block of Central Avenue, which is home to one of the city’s largest blocks of Hispanic immigrants. Nine people were ticketed for driving without a car registration and inspection.

Immigrant advocates have cited such checkpoints as one way Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police “harass” immigrants.

People who are not legally in the country are not allowed to get a driver’s license in North Carolina, and therefore drive without one. In April, an immigrant advocacy group presented a list of demands to Charlotte and Mecklenburg County officials, and among the demands was an end to all CMPD motor vehicle checkpoints.

In Mecklenburg County, experts estimate as many as 54,000 people are living illegally.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement reports the top crime committed by undocumented people in the U.S. is driving without a license.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police have a policy of not asking the citizenship status of people caught driving without a license, which some critics believe allows undocumented immigrants to get back behind the wheel.

Earlier this week, an undocumented immigrant in Charlotte was charged with involuntary manslaughter and driving without a license after she caused an accident that killed a 14-month-old baby girl. The driver, Dora Del Carmen Sosa, is a Honduran national and had been ordered to be removed from the United States by a federal immigration judge in September 2005.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police stage traffic checkpoints regularly on major thoroughfares throughout the city, mostly over night when drunk driving is more likely.

Thursday’s police checkpoint operated from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday, and used a mobile breath testing bus. The checkpoint is part of a police operation to keep roads safe from drunk drivers during the holiday season. Another checkpoint will be staged Friday night, police said.

Among the offenses recorded during the operation on Central Avenue:

No driver's license: 25
    Driving while intoxicated: 10
    Having an open container of alcohol: 2
    Driving with a suspended license: 10

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...188722929.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Arrest them...then check status...make it a deportable offense.

Deport them on the spot!

GET ILLEGAL ALIENS OFF OUR ROADS AND OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!

THEY HAVE DUI'S, KILL PEOPLE, DAMAGE OUR VEHICLES AND WE ARE LEFT TO PAY TO COSTS TO REPAIR OUR VEHICLES AND OUR LIVES DUE TO THEIR DAMAGE!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

In Mecklenburg County, experts estimate as many as 54,000 people are living illegally. That's just ONE County! Personally I think these checkpoints are entrapment, but I'll suffer through them if it's sweeping illegals off the streets AND out of the Country!

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    In Mecklenburg County, experts estimate as many as 54,000 people are living illegally. That's just ONE County! Personally I think these checkpoints are entrapment, but I'll suffer through them if it's sweeping illegals off the streets AND out of the Country!
    I don't really see checkpoints as entrapment. I think they can be very helpful in catching criminals with warrants and removing drunk drivers off our roads. I realize they're inconvenient, but I believe they make us all safer. Furthermore, those without a driver's license, insurance, and registration should be removed from behind the steering wheel, fined, and their vehicle impounded. It would be nice if local police invited an ICE agent to participate in their checkpoint activities.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't really see checkpoints as entrapment. I think they can be very helpful in catching criminals with warrants and removing drunk drivers off our roads. I realize they're inconvenient, but I believe they make us all safer. Furthermore, those without a driver's license, insurance, and registration should be removed from behind the steering wheel, fined, and their vehicle impounded. It would be nice if local police invited an ICE agent to participate in their checkpoint activities.
    I agree on some points of your statement, unfortunately it's not happening in Charlotte. The cops there are giving them a ticket and letting them go.

Over a four-hour period, officers ticketed 25 people driving without a license in the 4900 block of Central Avenue, which is home to one of the city’s largest blocks of Hispanic immigrants. Nine people were ticketed for driving without a car registration and inspection.

As we all know odds are very good these people won't show up in court. If they were actually doing what you suggest I'd feel better about it. I have the feeling this is what happens on most of these license checks all across NC, unless you're a legal citizen.

What does it mean to “drive without a license” in North Carolina?

Driving without a license can refer to three scenarios. You’re stopped for an offense and:

• You have a license but it’s not in your possession. In other words, you were licensed to drive but lacked proof, an infraction that may be dismissed once you can prove that you possessed a valid license at the time of the incident. (Note: you may have to pay a fine.)

• You never applied for a license (or your license expired). North Carolina Code § 20-7states that "to drive a motor vehicle on a highway, a person must be licensed." Penalty is typically a fine of up to $500.

• Your license was cancelled, revoked or suspended by the authorities. A person who (1) drives (2) a motor vehicle (3) on a street or highway (4) while his or her license has been revoked by the State of North Carolina (4) knowing that his or her license is revoked commits a Class 3 misdemeanor. For first time offenders, this offense is punishable by a fine of $500 to $2500. If the suspension/revocation was for impaired driving (DUIs, etc.), the violation is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

http://www.drivinglaws.org/resources...h-carolina.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    I agree on some points of your statement, unfortunately it's not happening in Charlotte. The cops there are giving them a ticket and letting them go.

As we all know odds are very good these people won't show up in court. If they were actually doing what you suggest I'd feel better about it. I have the feeling this is what happens on most of these license checks all across NC, unless you're a legal citizen.
    Yep, you and I, both of us living in N.C., know the Charlotte police aren't going to do a darn thing to help federal law enforcement with illegal aliens. Unfortunately that is a scenario that too often plays out daily in many of the bigger cities throughout the United States.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn