Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Top Law Firm Beefs Up Immigration Practice

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:41 AM EDT
    Littler Mendelson beefs up immigration practice
    Atlanta Business Chronicle

There is huge money to be made by immigration lawyers promoting guest worker programs, representing illegal aliens and lobbying Congress for unrestricted immigration into the U.S. for the benefits of employers and the 'global economy'. Here's just the latest example:

National employment and labor law firm Littler Mendelson has added four business immigration attorneys from Fisher & Phillips LLP to its Atlanta office.

The attorneys are David C. Whitlock, Ian R. Macdonald, Aimee Todd and Jet J. Stigter. The team will also include a support staff from Fisher & Phillips.

Whitlock's practice focuses on U.S. business immigration including visa work, handling both temporary and permanent visa cases, as well as advice on compliance with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

Macdonald represents national and international employers before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the U.S. Department of Labor in connection with immigration-related employment and labor issues. He has worked for the United Nations, various non-governmental think tanks and corporate law firms in London, New York, Washington, D.C., and Atlanta.

Todd's practice concentrates on business immigration, including temporary working status and permanent residence for professionals, international transfers, investors, researchers, artists and athletes.

Stigter's practice involves counseling employers on all aspects of global migration. She manages the provision of services related to global transfers and assignments and advises clients on U.S. inbound immigration matters.

"As the economy becomes increasingly global, issues surrounding movement of employees become more complex and companies will experience increased need for the unique combination of immigration, migration and employment counsel that we have always provided to our clients," Whitlock said. "As the leader in the labor and employment space, we believe that Littler offers us the best possible opportunity to grow a business immigration, global migration, and compliance/enforcement practice while maintaining our strong focus upon client satisfaction."
    http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stor ... ily25.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What do they expect the American people to do? Any open border country for us?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration lawyer will make money either way...if we have enforcement ..they'll be defending the illegals, they'll be "counseling and advising" their business clients on how to comply and also defending them when many of their business clients are raided. arrested and even prosecuted. Either way, immigration lawyers will profit. Makes me sick.

All this global migration they keep talking about - seems pretty one way to me. Anyone know a country that would want an American with advanced science degrees? I was told Ireland, Australia, etc but when I looked into it, it seemed they were already pretty fed up with American immigration and it's not true there's free movement of talent. Only we have to step aside and give up our technological jobs to foreigners. I seriously wish I had a place, in this whole wide world, to use my science skills.