Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Top Nashville Radio Talk Show Host Organizes Anti-Illegal Al

June 04, 2005
    Nashville Blog Archives
    « June 03, 2005 | Main

From Jan Duke,
    Your Guide to Nashville, TN.
    FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

Top Nashville Radio Talk Show Host Organizes Anti-Illegal Alien Rally
    Nashville radio talk show host, Phil Valentine, is spearheading a rally to call attention to the problem of illegal immigration. Demagnetize Tennessee: Stop Illegal Immigration Now, scheduled for Thursday June 9, 2005 from 6PM-8PM at the Band shell at Centennial Park, will focus on what the state can do to stop illegals from coming to Tennessee.

"This country was built on legal immigration," Valentine stated. "I'm in complete support of those who subject themselves to the process and come here to assimilate and contribute. However, we cannot and should not tolerate illegal immigration that exposes us to criminals, disease, and terrorists, all which are destructive to our great nation."

Valentine, who hosts Nashville's most listened to talk show, said he's become frustrated with our federal government. "I don't think the feds are going to do anything about the problem of illegal aliens any time soon," Valentine stated "We have created a magnet with free benefits like healthcare, food stamps and free education, not to mention the countless employers who willingly hire illegals."
    Valentine noted that many people consider illegals an asset. "They obviously aren't looking at the big picture," he added. "Even when you factor in how much illegals pay in taxes, a Rice University study estimates a net cost to the American taxpayer of more than $20 billion each year. $20 billion! Something has to be done and we're going to exhibit the frustration of the public on June 9. Just like the state income tax, it's going to take the citizens of Tennessee showing up in person to illustrate how serious they are about this issue."

Valentine acknowledged that virtually nothing has been done in Tennessee to combat the problem of illegal aliens. "Our general assembly exacerbated the problem in 2001 when it passed that ludicrous illegal aliens driver's license bill. Now we have to deal with the repercussions. It's time we started to undo the damage that's been done. I know we can't solve this problem for the entire country. What we can do is start a brush fire in Tennessee. If the illegals run to another state, perhaps that will prompt that state to pass common sense legislation of its own."

The Phil Valentine Show is heard weekdays from 9AM -1PM on SuperTalk 99.7 WTN in Nashville. Valentine is the author of two books, Right From The Heart: The ABCs of Reality in America and Tax Revolt. Updates on the rally can be found at PhilValentine.com. Questions and comments can be directed to Phil via e-mail at phil@philvalentine.com.

http://nashville.about.com/b/a/2005_06_04.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William this might be a good front page item.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William let me know when you get your invite

Do we have anyone in his area that could begin to burn up the phone lines to his show and talk about TROOPS ON THE BORDER? I'm assuming that someone from the area would have more "punch" when discussing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Do we have anyone in his area that could begin to burn up the phone lines to his show and talk about TROOPS ON THE BORDER? I'm assuming that someone from the area would have more "punch" when discussing this issue.
    I live about eighty (80) miles east of Nashville and am a big fan of Phil Valentine. I'm reasonably sure that he would support troops on the border. If I can get to see him after the rally, I will ask him about that subject.

I'm disappointed he did not invite William

Go Get 'Em, TANCREDOFAN!

We need every "friend" we can get, LOL. He sounds like someone that will help America