Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trane AC Sending 270 Colorado Jobs to Mexico

Trane To Cut 270 Pueblo Jobs, Transfer Work To Mexico

POSTED: 10:24 am MST November 13, 2008

PUEBLO, Colo. -- The manufacturer of commercial air conditioning systems says it will cut 270 jobs in the next three years and transfer the workload to its plant in Monterrey, Mexico.

The Trane company says the job cuts will happen through attrition, leaving about 450 workers at its Pueblo plant.

Spokesman Art Scheskie says five salaried positions were eliminated Wednesday, but that a detailed plan on how and when the rest of the cuts would happen was not immediately available.

Trane has about 29,000 employees worldwide in 29 plants.

The cuts at one of Pueblo's largest employer were announced in a year when the city was selected for a Vestas Wind Tower plant that will employ as many as 550 workers. The plant is under construction.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17 ... etail.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

New idea: any company that cuts jobs in American business should be taxed to pay for retraining and subsidize the laid-off workers until they find other work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sounds good to me but we all know nancy and harry will never go for that

Yeah, and with people not having the money to spare anyways, home and vehicle A/C isn't a must on the priority list.

Let them go, especially if it means they'll no doubt be taking 270 of their illegal alien labor units with them

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    New idea: any company that cuts jobs in American business should be taxed to pay for retraining and subsidize the laid-off workers until they find other work.
    THATS A GREAT IDEA. I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THAT. WHEN A COMPANY TAKES JOBS OUT OF THE COUNTRY....BOYCOTT THEM. THE LOSS IN SALES WILL OUTWEIGH THE GAIN IN CHEAP LABOR.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Let them go, especially if it means they'll no doubt be taking 270 of their illegal alien labor units with them
    YES. ITS NO LOSS TO US. THEY DONT HIRE AMERICANS ANYWAY. LOL...WAIT TILL THEY HAVE TO PAY "RENT" TO THE DRUG CARTELS.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    THATS A GREAT IDEA. I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THAT. WHEN A COMPANY TAKES JOBS OUT OF THE COUNTRY....BOYCOTT THEM. THE LOSS IN SALES WILL OUTWEIGH THE GAIN IN CHEAP LABOR.
    YEA, JUST LIKE FORD THEY HAVE A PLANT IN MEXICO BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP LABOR THERE. NOW THEY ARE WANTING A HAND OUT FROM THE TAXPAYERS OF AMERICA. THEY WANT US TO BAIL THEM OUT BUT IN THE MEANTIME THEY'VE OUT SOURCED JOBS TO MEXICO THAT SOME UNEMPLOYED AMERICAN CITIZEN COULD USE. I SAY LET THEM GET THEIR BAIL OUT FROM MEXICO

I feel my pain....

Being one of the employees who are losing their job on this "southbound Trane" this is how it seems to be working. They are not going to have to claim too many lay-offs because they have announced to us that over the next year we are moving the equipment to Mexico. that SOME of us after that will not have a job, but some will still have a job for a year more...maybe two. Not too terribly many of us in their right minds are going to stick around 'til the end. Mainly because we have families to feed and have to start looking now for other employment. HOPEFULLY we will all find some that will at least match or be better than the meager livelihoods we have currently. Nevertheless, it's doubtful they will have to announce layoffs. Unless that one idea that was brought up earlier was in place and they had to continue to pay us until we found other jobs. Then...we might consider hanging out 'til the end of the line.
    But, alas...
    " It's hard to stop a southbound Trane "

Re: I feel my pain....

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBob
    Being one of the employees who are losing their job on this "southbound Trane" this is how it seems to be working. They are not going to have to claim too many lay-offs because they have announced to us that over the next year we are moving the equipment to Mexico. that SOME of us after that will not have a job, but some will still have a job for a year more...maybe two. Not too terribly many of us in their right minds are going to stick around 'til the end. Mainly because we have families to feed and have to start looking now for other employment. HOPEFULLY we will all find some that will at least match or be better than the meager livelihoods we have currently. Nevertheless, it's doubtful they will have to announce layoffs. Unless that one idea that was brought up earlier was in place and they had to continue to pay us until we found other jobs. Then...we might consider hanging out 'til the end of the line.
    But, alas...
    " It's hard to stop a southbound Trane "
    I feel for ya bro. I'm now three times displaced by illegal laborers. And it's really starting to suck. The service industry in general is like a nightmare from Victorian times when you had to work for slave wages, and the only way to get a job now is if you forsake your family for the company store. Sell yourself into slavery is about all that's left, so they can pay you substandard wages for work that at one time was respectable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast