Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trash Can Baby Brings Police Chief To Tears

Trash Can Baby Brings Police Chief to Tears

Oct 28, 2007 08:10 PM PST

Trash Can Baby Brings Police Chief to Tears

SMITHVILLE, Tenn.- The police chief and several others struggle to make sense of the case. Investigators plan to charge an 18-year-old woman who delivered a baby boy Friday night and allegedly tossed him in a trash can.

Policeman and parent Smithville Police Chief Richard Jennings struggles to make sense of the case.

"I mean, all she would have had to have done -- there were 42 people, including the staff there, if she'd just said something. Excuse me, but she didn't," said Jennings.

The chief and TBI plan to charge Lillian Sosa,18, who has been here from Mexico only a month, with second degree murder.

According to investigators, Sosa gave birth to a baby boy in the ladies' room of El Rancho Mexican Restaurant. They said she tossed the newborn in the trash. The restaurant owner said the nearly six pound baby was still alive, but died on the way to the hospital.

The mystery mother had vanished, so police immediately put out an all call to surrounding emergency rooms to be on the lookout for a woman who's just given birth. Ms. Sosa never surfaced for the medical care she so desperately needed.

It was the police who insisted Sosa get help after her arrest.

"If she hadn't had the surgery, there's a very good possibility she would have died," said Jennings.

Sosa has been living with an aunt in rural Dekalb County. She worked at El Rancho in Smithville less than two weeks.

Chief Jennings said he will never forget the crime scene.

Sosa is at a Cookeville hospital. She is under police surveillance around the clock. The chief expects her to be released sometime Monday and taken directly to jail. Sosa has reportedly told detectives the child was hers.

An autopsy in Nashville will tell investigators why the newborn boy stopped breathing. Police hope DNA tests will positively match him with his mother.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7277858

This is so sad....and SO unecessary with ER's taking babies in no questions asked. Poor little sweet heart...rest in peace.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It breaks my heart whenever I hear one of these tragic stories. Babies are so precious and defenseless. There are so many people who can't have children who could have given this baby a loving home. How truly sad.

[October 29, 2007, 6:08 pm]

"Woman Jailed For Leaving Newborn In Trash Can"
    The 18-year-old woman accused of leaving her newborn baby in a trash can at the restaurant where she worked is now in jail.

Liliana Sosa was released from a hospital Monday morning in Cookeville. She required emergency surgery after delivering her baby Friday night at the El Rancho restaurant.

From the Cookeville hospital, Sosa was taken to jail in Smithville and charged with second degree murder.

Smithville Police Chief Richard Jennings said, "She had all kinds of choices there. If she had just walked out into that restaurant and said she needed help, there would have been plenty of people to help her, and gotten her to the emergency room, and gotten her help."

Police believe it was one to two hours later that a co-worker found the baby.

The call came into the 9-1-1 center at 9:27 p.m. Friday night.

Although the restaurant manager was a little difficult to understand, the system picked up on the address and the dispatcher was able to pick up on some key words.

911: “There's a babyleft there?"
    Manager: "She saw a lot of blood right there. So she look in there. There's a baby right there."
    911: "Okay. Is it breathing?"
    Manager: "No, no, no. The baby, I think, is dead."

The restaurant manager told police one employee left early. She was sick. All he had was a first name, Lily, and a phone number.

Authorities used that phone number to track it to a house where they found the 18-year-old living with relatives.

Chief Jennings said,"If we hadn't gotten to her in time, according go the doctor, it was already getting to the point where it was life-threatening. It very easily, she could have suffered some very serious consequences, if not passed away."

The chief still wants to know why Sosa didn't get help.

He said, "To my knowledge, the officers over there while she was over there in the hospital, she never said anything to them and when she was in here, the only thing she said to me was she'd like to have a coke and I got here a Coca-cola.That's it."

Sosa is in jail Monday night charged with second degree murder.

Her bond is set at $1 million.
    Copyright 2007 by WKRN Nashville Tennessee. All Rights Reserved.
    Video at link
    http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/woma ... 83.htm#top
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So these are the good moral character, hard-working types we need to give compassion to?

The baby is with the Lord but she needs to go to jail for every or be deported after the fence is built and never allowed here again.

It was the police who insisted Sosa get help after her arrest.

"If she hadn't had the surgery, there's a very good possibility she would have died," said Jennings.
    No comment.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Yes, things like this are sad to hear about. And I hope the illegal aliens understand that we don’t want them dead, we just want then gone! Anchor babies and all! (Although some of them are killing Americans daily)

They should lockup this mother (using the word lightly) and throw away the key. To deport her would be just turning her loose. I don’t believe this would be considered that serious in Mexico.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Why would she throw away her anchor? not to mention the welfare? Like the above poster said these are the good moral upstanding people we are supposed to welcome with open arms?

MAKES ME SICK. they have no consideration for anybody else but themselves.

Mom Abandons Baby in Restaurant Restroom

Oct 27, 2007 08:55 PM PDT

Featured Videos

Baby Left To Die in Restroom
    Mom Abandons Baby in Restaurant Restroom
    Check All | Clear All

El Rancho Restaurant, Dekalb County

SMITHVILLE, Tenn.- Investigators said the 18 year old woman delivered the baby in the bathroom of the Mexican restaurant where she worked.

An employee at the El Rancho restaurant off Highway 70 found the baby alive when she went to take out the trash in the women's restroom. The employee said she became suspicious when the bag seemed heavier than normal. The manager saw the baby's leg hanging out of the trash can, noticed it was still breathing, and dialed 911. The baby boy, however, did not survive.

The Lillian Sosa, the 18 year old woman who delivered the baby was taken the hospital in Cookville, but police said she would be criminally charged in Smithville, Dekalb County when she is released.

Sosa had only worked at El Rancho for a couple of weeks. She was a part time employee who passed out chips and salsa to customers. Her boss said he never knew she was pregnant.

"She never told me about it," said restaurant owner, Alfredo Villa. He also said Rosa told him she had just come to the United States from Mexico, but never mentioned a baby.

Investigators plan to charge Sosa with second degree murder.

"Anytime human life is disregarded whether it's an infant or a child, it's very difficult for anyone to see that and to understand why. And the only person who knows why is the mother," said TBI spokesperson, Kristen Helm.

The Smithville police chief said paramedics said the baby died on the way to the hospital. The chief described him as a fully developed baby boy, probably eight months into the pregnancy. He weighed 5lbs, 14 ounces.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7275317

Quote Originally Posted by againstillegals
    Why would she throw away her anchor? not to mention the welfare? Like the above poster said these are the good moral upstanding people we are supposed to welcome with open arms?

MAKES ME SICK. they have no consideration for anybody else but themselves.
    I guess this represents more of the hispanic family values we keep hearing about.