Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Troops On The Border

Troops on the Border?
    Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Why did Governor Napolitano suddenly take this action? And can it work from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego?

Joining us now from Washington, FOX News military analyst Colonel Bill Cowan and Congressman Trent Franks, a Republican from Arizona.

You know, if you look at Governor Napolitano's record, and she's traveling this evening, we were hoping to get her on, but if you look at her record, congressman, she has vetoed a lot of legislation that would make life more difficult for illegals in Arizona. Why do you think she did this?

REP. TRENT FRANKS (R), ARIZONA: Well, you know, Bill, I've said for a long time that I believe one of the greatest national security threats this country faces is some type of major weapon brought across by terrorists across our border that could devastate this country.

So I agree with the governor's call for putting National Guard troops on the border to help in critical situations like this.

But it is a difference in her posture in the not too recent past. You know, just in 2003 and 2005, she said that she did not believe that this was the proper role for the National Guard. And she has vetoed many of the pieces of legislation enacted by the legislature that would have disincented or prevented illegal immigration. So I'm having a difficulty understanding why there's such a change in posture.

O'REILLY: Well, maybe she's had an epiphany. You know, the epiphany was just last weekend.

FRANKS: Well, you know, if she has, Bill, I sincerely want to embrace that and help her out here. And there's a lot of legislators in Arizona that would be glad to hear that as well.

O'REILLY: Well, OK. I mean, we have to applaud the governor for taking the action because the action will be effective. We know that. The National Guard goes down in force to the border in Arizona and helps out the border patrol. Then the state of Arizona will be better.

But let me submit this to you. Governor Napolitano is up for re-election next January. The good people of Arizona in a referendum have said quite clearly they don't want any state money going to illegals. They don't want a penny going to illegals. I think the governor is reading the tea leaves, don't you?

FRANKS: I absolutely do. And fortunately in this case, probably to the betterment of Arizona. And I just hope that we can all work together to secure this border, because it is a critical consequence.

O'REILLY: Oh, absolutely.

FRANKS: No just with immigration, but national security.

O'REILLY: We're going to encourage, governor â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Strange. Vicente didn't let us know whether or not he would allow the U.S. to do this or not yesterday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess Gov. Nepolitano forgot to call and ask him?
    I think this is just 'election time' politics as her past track record in this area is -F-F...she's been an outrage. But. She wants to be re-elected so now she'll make the moves she should have been making along.

Fire her anyway...get someone that is sincere.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Oh yeah, they are all talking big now. Even the arrogant Tx Governor Perry has put in his two cents worth. It's an election year for governors and they all think we will forget that they didn't care until it got out of hand for their campaign managers to pull any rabbits out of their hats on this issue.

Yes, that's it. She forgot to call him and get him to sign this:

I hereby give the American people permission to run the United States

__________________________________________________ __________
    Vicente Fox, President of Mexico and the USA

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    I guess Gov. Nepolitano forgot to call and ask him?
    I think this is just 'election time' politics as her past track record in this area is -F-F...she's been an outrage. But. She wants to be re-elected so now she'll make the moves she should have been making along.

Fire her anyway...get someone that is sincere.

RR
    Arizona voters, please do not give Governor Napolitano a second gubernatorial term. Vote for a better candidate!

The general election date is November 7.

Looks like the trend among border governors.

I will definitely NOT vote for Perry...I'm still looking over the field...not sure about anything yet.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones