Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Truck was carrying large marijuana stash

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 264d6.html

Police: Truck was carrying large marijuana stash
    05:17 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 3, 2006
    By HOLLY YAN / The Dallas Morning News
    Police said they found about 300 pounds of marijuana in the trailer of an 18-wheeler they stopped at a Southeast Dallas truck stop Tuesday afternoon.
    Dallas police Lt. Rick Andrews said the semi pulled into the Flying J Truck Stop at Interstate 20 and Bonnie View Road around 1:30 p.m. A truck stop employee became suspicious after seeing 8 people, including 6 men, 1 woman and a boy, exit the truck and cross the street to a Jack In The Box restaurant.
    Lt. Andrews said an off-duty police officer working security at the truck stop called for backup.
    "He stopped the truck before it left the parking lot, and called for cover," Lt. Andrews said. "With the truck driver's permission, we opened the trailer to see if anyone else was in there."
    Dallas police Sgt. Gil Cerda said officers who arrived on the scene searched the truck and found several duffel bags, including one that was open and appeared to contain drugs. After narcotics detectives arrived, a search of the duffel bags revealed the marijuana.
    Sgt. Cerda said investigators believe the 8 people, including six men, a woman and a boy, were in the cab of the truck. However, there was evidence to suggest they had been in the trailer at some point.
    "They are suspected of being in the U.S. illegally," said Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Carl Rusnok. "However, that will be confirmed in the interview process."
    Mr. Rusnok said the 8 people will be held at a temporary detention center in Euless
    E-mail hyan@dallasnews.com
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

How much do you want to bet? Takers anyone?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are the drugs how the IAs pay truck drivers for transportation?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya know, I wonder if this was a company driver or an indepentant..If it was a company, I sure would like to know which one...and I wonders about the driver if he is a legal citizen...I am going to call the Flying J truck stop to thank the Employee for turning this in to law enforement..
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Ya know, I wonder if this was a company driver or an indepentant..If it was a company, I sure would like to know which one...and I wonders about the driver if he is a legal citizen...I am going to call the Flying J truck stop to thank the Employee for turning this in to law enforement..
    Great idea redbadger, please keep us posted

Two great Americans took the time from there job to notice something wrong. Freddie an employee at Flying J watched the unloading of several people from a truck and went to his manager Ronnie Powell to express his concerns. They called Dallas PD.
    I called the flying J and thanked them both (1-972-225-3566). They were very surprise by the calls they have received applauding their decision to report. Understandably, they could not give out info on the truck or driver but they directed me to their HR dept. I called the HR Flying J Headquarters (1-801 624-1000) and talked with Jolene, assistant to president. I let her know how grateful my family and I were that their employees would take the time, to make the call to the Dallas PD. She said a letter of commendation for a job well done was going to be written to the board and president. Then sent to employees. She was very happy to get this information and a citizen who cared enough to call.
    I have e-mailed the reporter for info on the driver and if they can not share then I will try Dallas PD.

I recieved a response from the reporter:

Thank you for contacting me. I believe the driver is an independent trucker. He told police his usual route is from North Carolina to Arizona, but it was unclear what his route was when he picked up the eight people. The cab of the truck said DRO Trucking. Does that ring a bell with you?

Holly

So, I am going to check it out

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/9992419/detail.html
    nbc5i.com
    More

SMUGGLING INVESTIGATION
    Video
    Photos: Dallas Police Investigate Reports Of Illegal Immigrant Smuggling

Officials: Illegal Immigrants, Drugs Found In Truck
    Cocaine, Marijuana Found On Board, Officials Say

POSTED: 2:22 pm CDT October 3, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:29 pm CDT October 3, 2006

DALLAS -- Federal officials said on Tuesday that eight illegal immigrants were found inside the back of a big rig.

Dallas police investigators said several duffel bags containing cocaine and marijuana were also found inside the truck.

Officials said the people jumped out of the back of the big rig and took off running when the truck was pulled over at about 2 p.m. at a Flying J truck stop near the intersection of Bonnie View Road and Interstate 20.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police took them into custody, along with the driver of the truck.

The driver could face human and drug trafficking charges, police said.

Officials said the detainees do not speak English but indicated that they were thirsty and very hungry. It is not known how long the people may have been inside the back of the truck or if there are any injuries.

Dallas officers requested that officials from the Texas Department of Transportation, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, and the department's narcotics division provide assistance at the scene.

Yellow letters on the side of the truck's cab spelled out "DRO Trucking." The license plate was out of North Carolina. It is not known why the truck was initially pulled over.

The traffic stop comes on the same day an announcement was made by United States Attorney Richard B. Roper that North Texas would receive $1.35 million in grant funding to combat human trafficking.
    Copyright 2006 by nbc5i.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

jimpasz,
    Thank you for udate....I would really like to know about the driver
    Going to check out vidoe and search for DRO

Redbadger

I will check the online Dallas paper can't find a listing here in North Carolina for DRO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast