Trump: I'm Keeping My Campaign Promise, Cracking Down on Illegals

Sunday, 12 Feb 2017 08:51 AM

President Donald Trump lashed out at criticism of raids that have targeted hundreds of illegal immigrants around the country, justifying the actions as fulfillment of his campaign vow.
In a pair of early morning tweets, Trump suggested the roundups were aimed at those with gang and drug ties and "others."

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump The crackdown on illegal criminals is merely the
keeping of my campaign promise. Gang members,
drug dealers & others are being removed!

3:34 AM - 12 Feb 2017

He also referenced his failed executive order to ban travel from seven mostly Muslim countries, which was shot down by a federal appeals court, offering statistics showing a big majority of refugees admitted to the country are from those same countries.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 72% of refugees admitted into U.S. (2/3 -2/11)
during COURT BREAKDOWN are from 7 countries:
SYRIA, IRAQ, SOMALIA, IRAN, SUDAN, LIBYA & YEMEN

3:55 AM - 12 Feb 2017

New action could be coming this week on immigration, Trump has said,
In a third Twitter blast, Trump also took aim at a familiar target: "fake news" CNN, suggesting the network retaliated against Sen. Bernie Sanders for using the derogatory term during an interview Friday night.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
While on FAKE NEWS @CNN, Bernie Sanders was
ut off for using the term fake news to describe the
network. They said technical difficulties!

4:14 AM - 12 Feb 2017

During the
CNN interview the Vermont Independent senator responded to a clip of the president saying he hadn't seen reports that his national security adviser Michael Flynn had discussed sanctions with Russia before he was sworn in.

"I don't know about that. I haven't seen it. What report is that?" Trump said when asked about the reports.

When asked whether it was a "problem" that the president said he hadn't seen any of those reports, Sanders responded: "Well, I don't know. Maybe he was watching CNN fake news. What do you think?" then added before the feed cut out: "It was a joke."

CNN denied there was any retaliatory action for the "fake news" remark.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trum...t_nbr=83od5tpc