Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Trump Set to Sabotage Own DACA Deal by Putting Stephen Miller in Charge of Ne

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Trump failed to keep his campaign promise to end DACA "immediately" after his election. Up until he was forced to end the program, yes, forced, he was still accepting new applications and allowing those already in the program to renew their work permits. Trump was personally responsible for actually expanding a program he had called unlawful and unconstitutional. The only thing Trump has done up to this point on DACA that he actually wanted to do was expand the program. That's why I said your defense of him on DACA is ALMOST comical, There is a huge difference in doing something you want to do and something you're forced to do.
    You're free to hold that view. However, I do not agree with it. I never expected him to end DACA 2012 immediately, it's an existing implemented program. I hoped he would end it as soon as could or thought it should be, he announced in early February they were going to let it expire in June, that worked for me, he ended it with the dismissal of the Texas lawsuit, September 5, which was fine with me. He stopped renewals October 5, which is fine with me. I didn't like him goading Congress to address the issue but I know why he did it.

DACA is over both for new applicants and renewal applicants and they'll be deported when their work permits expire.

The issue is now is in Congress and that's where we should direct our efforts as I'm sure we're doing.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I never expected him to end DACA 2012 immediately, it's an existing implemented program.
    So all along you figured he had lied to his supporters?

I hoped he would end it as soon as could or thought it should be
    He could have ended it on day one of his presidency had he chose to do so.

he announced in early February they were going to let it expire in June
    Not true. Trump made no such announcement. Sean Spicer mentioned something about an expiration date during a White House briefing but never elaborated. Actually you were pushing the expiration date myth to defend Trump. The program was not designed to expire on its own. JD2 provided actual evidence that there was no expiration date written into the program.

he ended it with the dismissal of the Texas lawsuit, September 5
    No, he ended it because Texas AG Paxton had threatened a lawsuit if Trump did not end it on or before Sep. 5th. Trump had no alternative but to end it then because AG Jeff Sessions refused to defend it in court.

DACA is over both for new applicants and renewal applicants and they'll be deported when their work permits expire.
    That remains to be seen. Trump has promised to review the program in March 2018 if Congress fails to provide a legal alternative (amnesty) to the program by then.

The obfuscation and manipulation of the actual facts to fit an agenda designed to defend Trump on his handling of DACA is creative but very disingenuous.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmmm. So, your position is Trump lied to you because he hid behind the rule of law to end an unconstitutional program he promised to end because the program was unlawful and unconstitutional.

I'm glad we got that clarified.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Hmmm. So, your position is Trump lied to you because he hid behind the rule of law to end an unconstitutional program he promised to end because the program was unlawful and unconstitutional.

I'm glad we got that clarified.
    He actually lied to all of us by failing to keep his promise to end DACA immediately after election.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He never lied to me, and I've probably watched more rallies, speeches, press conferences and interviews of Trump before the election and after than most people. But if you want to claim he lied to you, then have at it. I personally think that makes you look uninformed, silly and naive. Just my opinion.

Stephen Miller is my new hero!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    He never lied to me, and I've probably watched more rallies, speeches, press conferences and interviews of Trump before the election and after than most people. But if you want to claim he lied to you, then have at it. I personally think that makes you look uninformed, silly and naive. Just my opinion.
    You obviously weren't as observant as you claim. Trump did promise to end DACA immediately after he was elected. That was a promise he made to all of us, even you. So are you actually going to sit there with a straight face and deny Trump's promise to end DACA immediately after his election?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    You obviously weren't as observant as you claim. Trump did promise to end DACA immediately after he was elected. That was a promise he made to all of us, even you. So are you actually going to sit there with a straight face and deny Trump's promise to end DACA immediately after his election?
    No he didn't. First of all, he wasn't President "immediately after he was elected." There's this little thing called the electoral college and an "Inauguration", 2.5 months AFTER he's elected, during which Obama is still President.

Second of all, he didn't have an Attorney General until February, after which they decided to let it expire in June. And on the expiration date of DACA 2012, June 15, Trump repealed the orders for Expanded DACA and DAPA, but DACA 2012 was embroiled in the Texas lawsuit with a court order that it remain in effect until the lawsuit is resolved or dismissed, which was supposed to occur on June 15, but that dismissal date was continued until June 30, but on June 30, Texas AG, Ken Paxton announces an extension to September 5th, to secure an announcement of a termination, so on September 5th, it was announced terminated and subject to Paxton getting in the right forms to dismiss the case, was dismissed.

Oh and to answer your question, absolutely. I wanted all 3 DACA programs ended without a lawsuit because I don't believe our federal courts are favorable to our cause. But, Trump never once mentioned the DACA 2012 program, he only mentioned the two unconstitutional orders that had already been stopped by a judge, those were his words at the rallies. Those two orders were the DACA Expansion and DAPA, not DACA 2012, because DACA 2012 had not been stopped by a judge, it had in fact been continued in force and effect by the judge in his ruling in the lawsuit, a ruling that was upheld by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and then by the US Supreme Court in a tie-vote.

But if you want to believe you were lied to, that's your choice to believe that. I just have to wonder why you want to pursue this bizarre narrative that originated in left wing media from statements by Mr. DACA DEALER, Mark Krikorian. But, whatever floats your boat.

I am happy that DACA is over. New applications were over immediately on September 5th, renewals were over on October 5th, 4 days ago. All that happens now is we wait for them all to expire.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

MW
    No he didn't. First of all, he wasn't President "immediately after he was elected." There's this little thing called the electoral college and an "Inauguration", 2.5 months AFTER he's elected, during which Obama is still President.

Second of all, he didn't have an Attorney General until February, after which they decided to let it expire in June. And on the expiration date of DACA 2012, June 15, Trump repealed the orders for Expanded DACA and DAPA, but DACA 2012 was embroiled in the Texas lawsuit with a court order that it remain in effect until the lawsuit is resolved or dismissed, which was supposed to occur on June 15, but that dismissal date was continued until June 30, but on June 30, Texas AG, Ken Paxton announces an extension to September 5th, to secure an announcement of a termination, so on September 5th, it was announced terminated and subject to Paxton getting in the right forms to dismiss the case, was dismissed.

Oh and to answer your question, absolutely. I wanted all 3 DACA programs ended without a lawsuit because I don't believe our federal courts are favorable to our cause. But, Trump never once mentioned the DACA 2012 program, he only mentioned the two unconstitutional orders that had already been stopped by a judge, those were his words at the rallies. Those two orders were the DACA Expansion and DAPA, not DACA 2012, because DACA 2012 had not been stopped by a judge, it had in fact been continued in force and effect by the judge in his ruling in the lawsuit, a ruling that was upheld by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and then by the US Supreme Court in a tie-vote.

But if you want to believe you were lied to, that's your choice to believe that. I just have to wonder why you want to pursue this bizarre narrative that originated in left wing media from statements by Mr. DACA DEALER, Mark Krikorian. But, whatever floats your boat.

I am happy that DACA is over. New applications were over immediately on September 5th, renewals were over on October 5th, 4 days ago. All that happens now is we wait for them all to expire.
    More obfuscation, untruths, and misleading comments. An honest conversation on Trump and DACA would be nice for a change. Trump didn't need an AG to end DACA ... all he needed was a pen and paper or phone (call DHS). DACA was created through a memorandum. DAPA and the DACA extension were moot. The U.S. Supreme Court had already ruled against the programs. There never was an expiration date written into the DACA program. The original DACA program was never involved in an actual court lawsuit, just DAPA and the DACA extension. Last, but not least, everyone but you knows President Donald Trump promised to end DACA immediately after he got in office.

Please, quit defending Trump on DACA!

You are wrong across the board, and everyone who has read all the posts knows that. I'm not going into this any more with you, MW.

All 3 DACA programs are over, because Trump ended them. I'm happy with that. If you aren't happy, then that is certainly your free choice not to be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast