Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Spokesman, CNN's Cuomo Spar Over Immigration

Monday, July 13, 2015 10:05 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Donald Trump is the voice of the "silent majority" of Americans who are angry about immigration, said Michael Cohen, executive vice president and special counsel of the Trump Organization, insisting that nobody is more angry about illegal migration than legal immigrants.

"The people who are most angry are the legal immigrants, Cohen said during a heated debate with CNN's Chris Cuomo Monday morning on the "New Day" program, "because you have this illegal class of individuals who have to work for lower wages."

Cohen's appearance came one day after he tangled with CNN's Michael Smerconish on Sunday, but the theme remained virtually the same: defensive.

Meanwhile, Cohen conceded Monday that Trump isn't the first to complain about illegal immigration, but "he's the one with the biggest voice" now, and that makes his comments important.

Cuomo, though, accused Trump of being "no champion of illegal immigrants," who is "stoking the anger" of people who don't like what is going on.

But Cohen disagreed, saying that Trump is "a champion" of legal immigration, pointing out that several members of the real estate mogul's family are legal immigrants, including his father and his current wife.

"We believe there's a process" for citizenship, Cohen said, with Cuomo snapping back that "everybody says it is a process. Don't run away from what he says," repeating Trump's campaign announcement speech about Mexico sending drug dealers and other criminals into the United States along with "some" good people.

"I really believe that Mr. Trump was making his voice heard," Cohen replied, with Cuomo insisting that Trump's words were "wrong."

Cohen said that Trump isn't like other politicians, because he "doesn't read off a stump speech," and while Cuomo accused him of "excusing" Trump's comments, Cohen insisted he was "explaining what he's thinking."

"He's a good man who cares about this country, and his theme of 'Make America Great Again' is something that he's 100 percent adamant about accomplishing," Cohen said.

When Cuomo insisted that it would be more beneficial for Trump to apologize to a community that's "now very angry at him," Cohen replied that Trump's words weren't meant to insult a whole community.

Instead, the "liberal media" are using the words to attack Trump, said Cohen.

"He said it," Cuomo told him. "I'm not sure if I qualify as liberal media ... he said it, he should have apologized."

Trump has also said that for every illegal immigrant who comes across the border, Mexico should have to pay $100,000, and when Cuomo challenged Cohen on how Trump would exact that payment, the spokesman replied "when he becomes the president, he'll figure it out."

Cuomo also took exception with a series of Trump tweets this morning following the news that Mexican drug lord Joaquin Guzman, known as "El Chapo," had escaped prison, including one in which he declared "I told you so!"

He also declared, in comparison to Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton, that he would defeat "El Chapo":

Cohen also said Monday that Trump had opened Americans' eyes to sanctuary cities that give illegal immigrants a safe haven, but Cuomo denied that such cities are "safe havens," but instead said they are in dispute with federal officials.

Cuomo ended the interview by declaring Trump's words on immigrants "wrong," and telling Cohen "you have not admitted it yet," to which Cohen responded "and I will not."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Don.../13/id/654691/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Monday, July 13, 2015 10:05 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Donald Trump is the voice of the "silent majority" of Americans who are angry about immigration, said Michael Cohen, executive vice president and special counsel of the Trump Organization, insisting that nobody is more angry about illegal migration than legal immigrants.

"The people who are most angry are the legal immigrants, Cohen said during a heated debate with CNN's Chris Cuomo Monday morning on the "New Day" program, "because you have this illegal class of individuals who have to work for lower wages."

Cohen's appearance came one day after he tangled with CNN's Michael Smerconish on Sunday, but the theme remained virtually the same: defensive.

Meanwhile, Cohen conceded Monday that Trump isn't the first to complain about illegal immigration, but "he's the one with the biggest voice" now, and that makes his comments important.

Cuomo, though, accused Trump of being "no champion of illegal immigrants," who is "stoking the anger" of people who don't like what is going on.

But Cohen disagreed, saying that Trump is "a champion" of legal immigration, pointing out that several members of the real estate mogul's family are legal immigrants, including his father and his current wife.

"We believe there's a process" for citizenship, Cohen said, with Cuomo snapping back that "everybody says it is a process. Don't run away from what he says," repeating Trump's campaign announcement speech about Mexico sending drug dealers and other criminals into the United States along with "some" good people.

"I really believe that Mr. Trump was making his voice heard," Cohen replied, with Cuomo insisting that Trump's words were "wrong."

Cohen said that Trump isn't like other politicians, because he "doesn't read off a stump speech," and while Cuomo accused him of "excusing" Trump's comments, Cohen insisted he was "explaining what he's thinking."

"He's a good man who cares about this country, and his theme of 'Make America Great Again' is something that he's 100 percent adamant about accomplishing," Cohen said.

When Cuomo insisted that it would be more beneficial for Trump to apologize to a community that's "now very angry at him," Cohen replied that Trump's words weren't meant to insult a whole community.

Instead, the "liberal media" are using the words to attack Trump, said Cohen.

"He said it," Cuomo told him. "I'm not sure if I qualify as liberal media ... he said it, he should have apologized."

Trump has also said that for every illegal immigrant who comes across the border, Mexico should have to pay $100,000, and when Cuomo challenged Cohen on how Trump would exact that payment, the spokesman replied "when he becomes the president, he'll figure it out."

Cuomo also took exception with a series of Trump tweets this morning following the news that Mexican drug lord Joaquin Guzman, known as "El Chapo," had escaped prison, including one in which he declared "I told you so!"

He also declared, in comparison to Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton, that he would defeat "El Chapo":

Cohen also said Monday that Trump had opened Americans' eyes to sanctuary cities that give illegal immigrants a safe haven, but Cuomo denied that such cities are "safe havens," but instead said they are in dispute with federal officials.

Cuomo ended the interview by declaring Trump's words on immigrants "wrong," and telling Cohen "you have not admitted it yet," to which Cohen responded "and I will not."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Don.../13/id/654691/
    hold on
    first of all the usa are the one that are angry the illegal immigrants has our job
    yes cheap wages they are the fool they have 3 family in one apartment . I know this
    i see it that why they work for 4.00 hr they work around the clock .& get welfar . you name it they get it why mr trump tell the truth & they don't like him Obama lie like like hell & you all love him.trump has the back bone , & trump be come our next President i told him to clean out wh a guy & a lady on the street would do a better job . & they see what going on .yes every thing he said about mexico is true our family live in AZ it bad so good luck Mr trump

I saw the last few minutes of that exchange. It was rather heated, maybe a draw, or a few extra points for Cohen. Maybe CNN believed that Cohen won, over the next 3 hours not even a clip rerun From then at least it was an admission that they had not gained anything. I saw the exchange Sunday between Cohen and Smerconish, Cohen is good at not being entrapped. Guess you have to be good or better to work for the Donald?

Sessions Spokesman Fires Back At CNN’s Cuomo: Sanctuary Cities Exist, In Defiance Of

Sessions Spokesman Fires Back At CNN’s Cuomo: Sanctuary Cities Exist, In Defiance Of Federal Law

by Caroline May
    13 Jul 2015
    357 comments

Sanctuary cities do exists and there are hundreds of them, a spokesman for Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) fired back at CNN’s Chris Cuomo Monday after the anchor took issue with the term “sanctuary cities.”

“If there are not ‘sanctuary cities’ then I suppose the multiple bills that have been introduced to cut off funding for sanctuary cities will be adopted unanimously?” Sessions spokesman Stephen Miller asked rhetorically in a statement to Breitbart News Monday.

“There are, of course, hundreds of sanctuary cities that release criminal aliens from prisons and jails without notifying the feds and who refuse – as a matter of policy – to honor ICE requests for detention. They act in open defiance of federal immigration law,” he added.

Earlier Monday Cuomo sparred with GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump’s advisor Michael Cohen over the term “sanctuary city.”

Cuomo argued that sanctuary cities as a “misnomer,” that, “They are not safe havens.” Instead they are “cities that are in dispute with ICE about how you deal with people they are holding.”

Miller added that the sanctuary cities contribute to the problem of deportable, dangerous criminals being released back onto the streets.

“Bear in mind that Obama’s ICE already refuses to deport a great many criminal aliens, so the ICE detainers represent only a fraction of the criminal aliens eligible for deportation. Countless preventable crimes occur every single year because potentially dangerous aliens are released from prison and jail instead of being returned home.”

The issue of sanctuary cities has been front page news in recent weeks following the murder of Kathryn Steinle by a multiple-deportee, multiple-felon illegal immigrant in the sanctuary city of San Francisco.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...f-federal-law/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn