Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX-$10,000 found in baby's diaper

$10,000 found in baby's diaper

Associated Press - May 22, 2008 6:25 PM ET

PHARR, Texas (AP) - Of all the things that could make a baby fuss, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers weren't expecting this: $10,000 found stuffed into the diaper of a crying 15-month-old at the Pharr International Bridge.

Border officials say unusual bulges that turned out to be cash on two women traveling with the baby led inspectors to check the crying baby as well. Altogether, inspectors found $43,317 in undeclared cash on the women, baby girl and a man traveling with them.

The group was crossing into Mexico on Tuesday morning when they were stopped.

Authorities say the man, Esteban Soto Yanez, a Mexican citizen, was arrested on illegal entry charges. One woman, a resident alien, was released and the infant and her mother were deported to Mexico.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8368065
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

a resident alien, was released
    Why?
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hope the BP confiscated the cash.
    "

drug money and they are the mules carrying it across the border into Mexico. All of them should've been detained, arrested and interrogated ...I'm sure there's more where that came from.....

Yup , Great family values displayed here...

I could just smack them upside the head { hard } for using a baby to detract from detection What kind of parent would come up with something like that?
    CherieDawn

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all dayÂ* ~grin

probably not even their own child...many kids are smuggled across the border by total strangers/coyotes/others ....parents pay to have their kids smuggled to the U.S. or get paid to let them be used as a decoy for these types of things.

...the infant and her mother were deported to Mexico.
    Reported and deported the same day?!?

What? No detention, no ACLU, no hearings?
    Whoopie! It can be done!
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Damn............ just speechless

I know what you are saying is true Legalatina. That is what is so upsetting. I could not ever even call in sick to work using a child of mine as an excuse if they were not sick. I feared it might come true. If a sacrifice is to be made, it should never be made by a child.
    CherieDawn

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all dayÂ* ~grin

..yet these are the very families who would cry out that their families are being separated when they are arrested by immigration officials....they just don't like getting caught. No second thoughts about how their actions jeopardize the safety, health and welfare of their own kids. I just don't buy the old tired...."We're here to make a better life for our kids".....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast