Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX - 3 People Rescued by Border Patrol

Illegal Crossers rescued at Bentsen State Park

POSTED: 05:08 PM CDT Jul 15, 2015

MISSION -

Border Patrol marine agents saved two Honduran men and one Mexican juvenile on Tuesday morning.

One 32-year-old Honduran man came to the United States, because he witnessed a murder back in his home country and was going to be killed. He traveled thousands of miles to get to his family.

Agents encountered the three people struggling to stay afloat in the Rio Grande River.

“I almost drowned in the river,” said the 32-year-old Honduran man. “I advanced a lot in the river, and you get to a point where you don't feel the ground anymore. You feel the river sucking you in.”

The three people were rescued near Bentsen State Park, just south of Mission. Agents patrolling on boats helped the men.

The rescued individuals were transported to the McAllen Border Patrol station for further processing.

Agents protecting the border do not have to rescue illegal crossers in the Rio Grande.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local-news/...atrol/34185858
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was certainly pleased to see the last paragraph and line in this story. I was tolerant of these rescues for years, but with no border security enforcement I've stopped being tolerant of such.k Especially after seeing the interview Steve King (IA) gave today and his quotes on real crime comparisons. What a waste of resources. This rescuing the enemy must stop!

Honduran immigrants recount how Border Patrol agents saved them from drowning

by Ashly Custer
    Posted: 07.16.2015 at 11:30 AM

Two Honduran men credit Border Patrol agents with saving them Tuesday, when they nearly drowned in the Rio Grande.

Border Patrol allowed reporter Ashly Custer to speak with the Honduran immigrants. Both men requested Action 4 News not identify them.

"When you're crossing over with your guide, you put all your faith in him — that he is going to take you to the place you want to go," said the first Honduran man.

He paid $7,000 for the trip north. About 25 days later, he arrived at the Texas-Mexico border.

While attempting to flee from Border Patrol agents, the Honduran man fell into the Rio Grande.

"It's very deep and I don't know how to swim much," the Honduran man said. “I reached a place where I was drowning because the water is too deep. The water pulls you down where it doesn't let you come up even if you want to."

Border Patrol agents pulled him from the water.

They also rescued another Honduran man.

"I could only hold my head above water," said the second Honduran man. "If they didn't help me, I would have drowned."

During the same incident, agents rescued a Mexican citizen from the water, according to a news release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

"Our agents are willing to sacrifice their safety in order to save one or two or three people that are, unfortunately, trying to cross illegally into the United States," said Supervisory Agent Oscar Saldana, a spokesman for the Rio Grande Valley Sector.

Since Oct. 1, agents assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Sector have rescued 29 immigrants from the river and irrigation canals, nearly double the number rescued during the same period last fiscal year.

Agents have also reported 25 drownings.

"They tell me 'If we would have know this was going to happen to us, we wouldn't have left our country,'" said Ana Bulnes, the Honduran consul in McAllen.

The second Honduran man said he owes Border Patrol agents his life.

"For me, it's a new opportunity to be here," said the second Honduran man. "There are things you can do in the future — and there's still a future for me."

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/st...8#.Vah-vPkYMSo
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn