Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Border Patrol Agent Collapses, Dies

Border Patrol Agent Collapses, Dies

Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009
    Updated: May 22nd, 2009 03:36 PM EDT

DEL RIO, Texas -- U.S. Customs and Border Protection suffered the loss of a Border Patrol agent Thursday morning, while on duty along the Texas border in Del Rio, Texas.

While working with other agents, Senior Patrol Agent Cruz McGuire, a 47-year-old Del Rio native was tracking a group of illegal aliens near Del Rio when he collapsed.

Although CPR was administered and emergency medical services were rendered, Agent McGuire died at Val Verde Regional Medical Center in Del Rio, Texas.

Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Randy Hill expressed his condolences to family, friends, and co-workers of Agent McGuire, saying "As emblematic of Cruz's career dedication, he was working a trail with fellow agents when he collapsed. He was doing exactly what he wanted to do each and every day."

Agent McGuire entered on duty with the U.S. Border Patrol on September 30, 1984 as part of the 166th Session of the U.S. Border Patrol Academy.

Agent McGuire is survived by his son Patrick, two daughters Marie and Jessica; father Cruz McGuire Sr., a retired 25-year veteran of legacy U.S. Customs, and mother Gloria; two brothers Scott and Richard; and a sister, Linda. Richard is a Border Patrol Agent assigned to Del Rio Sector.

Information regarding the memorial service will be provided as it develops.

www.officer.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

47 is just so young and I'm sorry to hear of this. He was a great American and I wish him peace.

This saddens me to no end.
    Our Border Patrol agents work so hard protecting our country and they get so little reckonition for all they do!
    My prayers to this agents family!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)