Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

600 more or 6000 more won't make a damn bit of difference if they continue to operate under their current orders of retreat in the face of the enemy.

self eidt
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    so i live in texas and this is supposed to make me sleep better at night knowing there is only 600 more on the border that is almost 1000 miles long
    I did hear this time they were going to be armed with sling shots and a bag of marbles that alone should help you sleep a little better, knowing they have state of the art equipment and ammunition with which to defend themselves and the American citizens from forcible breaches of our borders by armed Mexicans! :P
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Is it not funny how the prez talks about securing Iraq's borders from Iran and Syria...then surrounding the country and moving the circle in till they get to Baghdad and removing all the trouble makers...but they can't even begin to stop the illegal and open invasion in this country or secure our borders
    and the only way to deal with the 12million invaders is to give them Amnesty...maybe they should give the invaders in Iraq Amnesty...and everything will be just peachy
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

It never ceases to amaze me how this government of ours for years has not controlled it's borders. That should be one of the main functions of the federal government to protect it's citizens but they have failed miserably.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    so i live in texas and this is supposed to make me sleep better at night knowing there is only 600 more on the border that is almost 1000 miles long
    I did hear this time they were going to be armed with sling shots and a bag of marbles that alone should help you sleep a little better, knowing they have state of the art equipment and ammunition with which to defend themselves and the American citizens from forcible breaches of our borders by armed Mexicans! :P

ROFL that was for the police in tijuana
    not our border

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 92569.html

Jan. 23, 2007, 3:51PM
    Officials praise Perry's border security plan

By ELIZABETH WHITE
    Associated Press
    SAN ANTONIO — Gov. Rick Perry's plan to add another 600 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border as part of a new crackdown on drug and human trafficking drew praise from local officials, even though they have to foot the first bill.

Perry's office refused to divulge details of the Operation Wrangler plan announced Monday that will include 6,800 federal, state and local officials, 2,200 vehicles, 48 helicopters, 33 aircraft and 35 patrol ships.

The plan comes almost a year after the launch of Operation Rio Grande, an effort Perry says reduced crime by an average of 60 percent along parts of the border.

"It's along the same lines of operations we have conducted in the past," said Webb County Sheriff Rick Flores, who said he welcomes the extra manpower. "We can never have enough help. It's always needed."

A new deployment of 604 National Guard troops will join the 1,700 troops already on the border to help the U.S. Border Patrol.

"The troops along the border are not going to be at ports of entry," said Perry spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger. "They're going to be at hotspots known for smuggling."

While the troops will be on the border, the surges will be conducted statewide, she said.

State Rep. Mike Villarreal, D-San Antonio, said Perry's plan makes sense.

"I think Governor Perry is taking a thoughtful approach and a balanced approach with this initiative," he said by phone Tuesday. "I think this is an attempt to take the place of our federal government."

Perry's office said local governments will have to foot the bill for the operation up front, but that they will be reimbursed with federal funds.

"They've (the state) been pretty good about coughing up whatever expenditures we make," Flores said.

But State Rep. Paul Moreno, D-El Paso, said past operations haven't reduced crime and said he doesn't think this one will, either.

"I know what goes on. The increase or decrease according to them in crime is simply because the border has gotten stricter. It's not because the sheriffs are doing it," he continued later. "I am not against the so-called border security. But what I'm saying is that border security is already there."

Perry said he will ask the Legislature for $100 million for border security efforts.

Villarreal said he's inclined to approve request, provided it also comes with improvements in education.

"I certainly will not support this security measure if it's coupled with anti-immigrant legislation," Villarreal said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    What he needs to do is take his buddy Ted Nugent and place him in charge of border security.
    Altura, I agree on that one!!! Get Ted and Chuck Norris down there.

Is Gov. Perry sending all these new troops down there unarmed? I'm sure there's more construction our troops need to do. Funny, I thought they signed up to help protect our country, not build roads and fences.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

So are these troops going to actually be armed? Oh nevermind that would make too much sense.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe they should put Perry down on that border, stand him out in front of the troops so he can get the big picture as to how bad it is, then maybe we won't be hearing him change his mind every other week. Oh and take Bush with you Perry!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast