Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: House passes Kolkhorst's bill on immigration law complia

House passes Kolkhorst's bill on immigration law compliance

Friday, April 27, 2007 1:29 PM CDT

AUSTIN - The Texas House of Representatives has passed a bill by Rep. Lois W. Kolkhorst (R-Brenham) designed to combat illegal immigration.

The bill creates a repayment requirement of public incentives or tax breaks if a company is convicted of violating federal immigration law.

The bill requires that any business receiving a public subsidy for job creation efforts also submit a statement certifying that they will not employ any undocumented workers.

Any business that accepts a public subsidy would then have to repay the amount of the subsidy with interest if that business was convicted under federal immigration law of hiring undocumented workers.

No business would be required to repay the taxpayer funds until there was a final conviction that proved they had knowingly employed or recruited undocumented workers. However, if guilty, then the business must return the entire public subsidy, tax abatement or tax break within 120 days.

“A tax abatement in Texas should be used to create Texas jobs,” Kolkhorst said. “We can't wait for Congress to pass an immigration reform plan. We need to make sure that employer incentives are used to create legitimate new jobs and this bill will make sure that happens.

“Businesses that receive incentives have a fiduciary duty to comply with federal immigration policies.

“It's wrong to use taxpayer dollars to reward an employer for breaking the law,” Kolkhorst said. “I'm glad my fellow House members agreed with me.”

Kolkhorst is a member of the House Committee on Economic Development and is the former CEO of the Economic Development Foundation of Brenham.

The bill was endorsed by the Texas Eagle Forum, as well as the Texas Conservative Coalition as part of their immigration reform agenda.

The proposal is the first piece of legislation dealing with illegal immigration to pass the Texas House and will now face consideration in the state Senate.

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2 ... s00001.txt
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Finally a CEO with a brain!

Great news! We are finally have some patriotism and commons sense happening in this nation!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Way to go Kolkhorst! This serves as a shining example for the rest of the Nation.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Just to make it known there are TONS of people who are against what is happening but have been afraid to speak up so as not to be called racist.

I am glad this guy did.