Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Illegal immigrants going underground as enforcement incr

Illegal immigrants going underground as enforcement increases
    James Osborne
    December 22, 2007 - 10:11PM
    PROGRESO — Angela wouldn’t think twice about walking a mile up the road for a quart of milk when she first moved to one of the colonias west of Progreso three years ago.

Then U.S. Border Patrol agents picked up three men from the neighborhood outside the local convenience store and deported them. Nowadays, Angela barely leaves the neighborhood, forgoing everything from grocery shopping to doctor visits.

“We never used to see Border Patrol,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It seems like it would be much simpler to go home. Living in fear must not be all that bad if aren;t trying to get out of here. Knowing that there is a crack down and they still don't put their childrens welfare first, is on them, then they want us to feel sorry for the horrible position they have put their children in.

State, city info would be helpful

I wish that when people post articles that they would put the state and city where the story takes place, it would help get a sense for when and where things happen. It might help us band together better. If I read an article about my area, I would be more inclined to take action.

How about a new rule of posting: put the state and city at the very top of the posting.

Jon,

I clicked on the link and it looks like this paper/article was from Texas. Also, if one feels strongly about an article you can click on the link and often you can make comments. This article has some.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: State, city info would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    I wish that when people post articles that they would put the state and city where the story takes place, it would help get a sense for when and where things happen. It might help us band together better. If I read an article about my area, I would be more inclined to take action.

How about a new rule of posting: put the state and city at the very top of the posting.
    Did put the state in the title now. Usually I do but didn't this time, maybe in a hurry.
    To put the state plus the town would take out most of the article title.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The state name would help...even on top of the article...Whenever I see an article about "Aurora" I send it to my friend in "AURORA,CO" 9 times out of 10 she says "Wrong Aurora"
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]“I see them out there at least a couple times a week,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)