Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TX - Immigrant Who Killed Texas Teacher in Hit-and-Run Crash Was in Country Illegally

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX - Immigrant Who Killed Texas Teacher in Hit-and-Run Crash Was in Country Illegally

BY JACK PHILLIPS
    November 25, 2018 Updated: November 25, 2018

A man who was arrested for killing a young teacher in El Paso, Texas, in a hit-and-run crash on Thanksgiving was out on bond for a prior assault charge and appears to be an illegal immigrant, according to local reports.

KFOX in El Paso reported, 24-year-old Joel Velazquez was in the United States illegally and is now being held by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), related to his immigration status. It means he cannot bond out of jail, and if he was legally in the country, his bond would have been set for $125,000.

He was arrested for assault in 2017, but details of that arrest are not clear, according to local news outlets.

In the Thanksgiving crash, Velazquez is facing charges of accident involving death for blowing through a red light. His vehicle hit Amanda “Mandy” Ferguson Weyant as she was walking in a crosswalk in El Paso, WLOS-TV reported.

He then took off from the accident scene, and police found his vehicle abandoned, the WLOS report said.

In the crash on Thanksgiving, the suspect’s vehicle hit Amanda “Mandy” Ferguson Weyant as she was walking in a crosswalk in El Paso, Texas. (Amanda “Mandy” Ferguson Weyant/Facebook selfie)

Weyant, a sixth-grade teacher at Eastwood Heights Elementary School, was mourned by her family.

“He’s destroyed my family. My daughter, Mandy, was the glue that held my family in place, she was my everything,” said Dan Ferguson, her father, in a statement to WLOS. On the morning of Nov. 24, he was contacted by the fire department, telling him the man who hit his daughter turned himself into custody two days after fleeing the crash.

“I saw where my daughter was hit and where her body was 50 feet from the point of contact. He didn’t even attempt to stop to render aid,” said Ferguson in the report.

“This man, because of his careless actions, has destroyed a complete family,” he added.

Ferguson also said his family learned Velazquez had a criminal history and was in the country illegally.

“It just doesn’t add up, it doesn’t seem to be fair,” said Ferguson of the details about his past and immigration status.

Now, Weyant’s family is seeking justice.

“Everything was perfect in her life and to have it all taken and senselessly destroyed this is something no parent should go through,” her father continued. “She was my world, she was my wife’s best friend but she was my baby girl,” said Ferguson.

More than a week ago, in neighboring Arkansas, an intense shootout between an illegal immigrant and local deputies was captured on video. The suspect, 29-year-old Luis Cobos-Cenobio, opened fire at the deputy during a traffic stop, and it was later revealed in a Fox News report that ICE had also placed a detainer on him.

The suspect is being held in connection with terroristic acts, attempted murder, fleeing, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Cobos-Cenobio allegedly told police he “wanted to die,” local reports said. The incident occurred on Nov. 14.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/immigr...s_2723360.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Texas family of teacher killed, learns suspect had criminal past and in US illegally

by GENEVIEVE CURTIS, KFOX StaffSunday, November 25th 2018

(video may be viewed at source link)

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX) - Police arrested the man they say was behind the wheel in a deadly hit and run Thanksgiving morning in El Paso, Texas.

Joel Velazquez, 24, is now facing charges of an accident involving death.

hoto: KFOX{p}{/p}

At the time of the crash Velazquez was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.

He appears to be in the country illegally and is now currently on a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention hold, related to his immigration status, meaning he cannot bond out of jail.

Police say he blew through a red light just before 2 a.m. Thursday.

That's when he hit Amanda “Mandy” Ferguson Weyant, who was in the crosswalk, and took off. Police later found his vehicle abandoned.

Mandy was a sixth-grade teacher at Eastwood Heights Elementary School.

The community has been mourning her throughout the holiday weekend.

Her family wants the man responsible for their daughter’s death to be held accountable.

“He’s destroyed my family. My daughter, Mandy, was the glue that held my family in place, she was my everything,” said Dan Ferguson.

Saturday morning, he received a call from EPPD, telling him the man who hit his 28-year-old daughter Mandy, a bubbly sixth-grade teacher, turned himself in, two days after fleeing the scene.

“I saw where my daughter was hit and where her body was 50 feet from the point of contact. He didn’t even attempt to stop to render aid,” said Ferguson.

There was some relief, but also frustration.

“This man, because of his careless actions, has destroyed a complete family,” said Ferguson.

The family says they learned Velazquez had a criminal past and was in the country illegally.

“It just doesn’t add up, it doesn’t seem to be fair,” said Ferguson.

Mandy’s parents try to find peace in the memories and joy their daughter brought to so many people.

“She was my world, she was my wife’s best friend, but she was my baby girl,” said Ferguson
    But they also want accountability and justice for Mandy.

“Everything was perfect in her life and to have it all taken and senselessly destroyed this is something no parent should go through,” said Ferguson.
    Funeral services for Mandy will be Wednesday, Nov. 28 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Crest View Funeral Home 1426 Zaragoza.

https://wlos.com/news/nation-world/t...n-us-illegally
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Go after the Judge who let him out on bond.

They need to be deported on the spot!

That Judge is responsible for this murder of an American citizen!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

At the time of the crash Velazquez was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.

He appears to be in the country illegally and is now currently on a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention hold, related to his immigration status, meaning he cannot bond out of jail.
    If an ICE detention hold means he cannot out of jail, why was he out of jail on the 2017 assault charge?

How many lives have to be lost before someone/somewhere steps in and STOPS this?

It is another city will blame ICE---and ICE will blame the city---and more lives lost while the powers that be make excuse after excuse.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    If an ICE detention hold means he cannot out of jail, why was he out of jail on the 2017 assault charge?

How many lives have to be lost before someone/somewhere steps in and STOPS this?

It is another city will blame ICE---and ICE will blame the city---and more lives lost while the powers that be make excuse after excuse.
    Perhaps he wasn't placed under an immigration hold following the 2017 assault charge. El Paso law enforcement probably doesn't work with ICE since they are a border town.

Catch & release comes in several varieties.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Perhaps he wasn't placed under an immigration hold following the 2017 assault charge. El Paso law enforcement probably doesn't work with ICE since they are a border town.

Catch & release comes in several varieties.
    I found this from 2015

Sanctuary City policy in El Paso

Posted: Jul 07, 2015 09:19 PM MDT
    Updated: Aug 24, 2016 01:07 AM MDT

Sanctuary City policy in El Paso el paso is a sanctuary city in the sense that law enforcement does not ask for immigration status. but unlike some places, law enforcement agencies do work together here when criminals are released. "i'll never get to tell m sister that i love her again ... " a brother grieves for his sister ... who authorities say was killed in the sanctuary city of san francisco by francisco sanchez, an illegal immigrant who had been deported five times. "my job is to deal with the community safety in el paso and to do that i need the cooperation of everybody here." when the san francisco sheriff's office dropped a drug charge against sanchez, they failed to notify the feds, who wanted to deport him after spending time in federal prison for repeatedly sneaking back into the country. "could that happen here?" "no, it would not have. "why wouldn't it have happene here?" "because we don't want to release criminals back on the street ... clearly the federal government had an interest in that individual ... and when the state charges were cleared we would have immediately notified them and they would have come and gotten him before we would have released him." el paso sheriff richard wiles said there are two ways the federal government determines if there is someone in jail here they have an interest in. "one is they get a copy of ou booking list that we produce every 24 hours its public record anybody can have access to it ... and they review that and if there's somebody of interest they'll come and interview them ... and we allow them access into the jail and they can put a detainer." wiles says they electronically send fingerprints to the state and federal governments of anyone booked on a class b misdemeanor or above, "we need to work with the federal government to make sure that we do what is in the best interest of the community ... to release that person back into the community is a shame and clearly in this case it resulted in the death of a 32 year-old woman." immigration and customs enforcement in el paso sent us this statement: "ice in el paso works closely with local law enforcement. these agencies routinely honor ice detainers, which are placed on foreign born individuals, arrested on criminal charges." "this mutual cooperation help protect public safety by removing criminal aliens from the united states." exactly the cooperation that did not happen in the sanctuary city of san francisco. rick and estela. another live look at the city

https://www.kvia.com/news/sanctuary-...42645/56301355
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

REVEALED: Immigrant who killed young teacher, 28, in Thanksgiving hit-and-run was out on bond AND in Texas illegally

• Cops arrested and charged Joel Velazquez, 24, with Accident Involving Death killing Amanda Ferguson Weyant in a hit and run on Thanksgiving Day
    • At the time of the crash he was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge and was apparently in the country illegally
    • Weyant was using a crosswalk when she was hit by Velazquez' car
    • Her father Dan said his actions have 'destroyed' their family and daughter's life

By Leah Mcdonald For Dailymail.com
    Published: 01:54 EST, 25 November 2018 | Updated: 02:05 EST, 25 November 2018
    6.7k shares

Video at the page link

A man arrested for killing a young teacher in a hit and run was out on bond for an assault charge dating back to 2017 in El Paso.
    El Paso Police arrested and charged 24-year old Joel Velazquez with Accident Involving Death killing Amanda Ferguson Weyant in a hit and run on Thanksgiving Day.
    KFOX14 reported that at the time of the crash he was out on bond from a 2017 assault charge.
    +7

+7

Police arrested and charged Joel Velazquez (left) with Accident Involving Death killing Amanda Ferguson Weyant (right) in a hit and run on Thanksgiving Day

He appears to be in the country illegally and is now currently on an ICE detention hold, related to his immigration status, meaning he cannot bond out of jail.
    If he could, his bond is set at $125,000. On Friday police identified Weyant, 28, as the pedestrian killed by the alleged hit-and-run driver.
    Police said Velasquez struck and killed Weyant at 1.45 am on November 22, 2018 at Mesa and Cincinnati street, police said.
    Weyant was using a crosswalk when she was hit by Velazquez' car, police said.

The vehicle suspected of striking Weyant, a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier, was abandoned farther east on the 1300 block of Cincinnati, police said.
    The vehicle had damage to its hood and a shattered windshield. Investigators dusted the vehicle for fingerprints.
    Mandy was a sixth grade teacher at Eastwood Heights Elementary School.
    The community has been mourning her throughout the holiday weekend.

+7

Amanda's family want the man responsible for their daughter’s death to be held accountable

+7

Amanda's parents said their family life has been destroyed by the loss of their daughter

+7

Amanda's family explained that they learned Velazquez had a criminal past and was in the country illegally

Her family wants the man responsible for their daughter’s death to be held accountable.
    Her father Dan Ferguson told Kfox14: 'He’s destroyed my family. My daughter, Mandy, was the glue that held my family in place, she was my everything,' said Dan Ferguson.
    On Saturday morning, he received a call from EPPD telling him the man who hit Mandy turned himself in two days after fleeing the scene.
    'I saw where my daughter was hit and where her body was 50 feet from the point of contact. He didn’t even attempt to stop to render aid’, said Ferguson.
    'This man, because of his careless actions, has destroyed a complete family,” said Ferguson.

+7

A towel lies at the scene where Joel Velazquez struck Amanda Ferguson Weyant in a hit and run

+7

Investigators search for evidence after the hit and run incident which killed Amanda Ferguson Weyant

The family explained that they learned Velazquez had a criminal past and was in the country illegally.
    'It just doesn’t add up, it doesn’t seem to be fair', said Ferguson.
    Mandy’s parents are trying to find peace in the memories and the joy their daughter brought to so many people.
    'She was my world, she was my wife’s best friend but she was my baby girl,' said Ferguson
    But they also want accountability and justice for Mandy.
    'Everything was perfect in her life and to have it all taken and senselessly destroyed this is something no parent should go through', said Ferguson.
    A funeral services for Mandy will be on Wednesday, November 28 from 5pm to 7pm at Crest View Funeral Home 1426 Zaragoza.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...9C1jKWYn7OT3GU
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They destroyed their own country, they have NO respect for ours.

They do not give 2 squats about our laws, our citizens, our country.

They do NOT come here for a "better life"...that is a bold face lie!

They destroy our lives, our families, our communities.

They will lie, cheat, steal, murder and destroy everything in their path and they give us the finger while doing it.

That is how they grew up...get them out and civilize them on their soil.

They will NOT assimilate, they hate us, they have NO idea what being an American is.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL