Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Local groups mobilize to fight immigration bills

Local groups mobilize to fight immigration bills

November 23, 2010 10:16 PM
    Elizabeth Findell
    The Monitor

SAN JUAN — Local immigration advocates sprang to action this month when lawmakers in Austin began to introduce legislation to consider in the coming year.

Equal Voice Network, which consists of 10 social advocacy groups, is mobilizing to get local government, business and other entities to oppose state bills that they say are anti-immigrant, racist and harmful to the Rio Grande Valley.

Several bills recently introduced in the Texas Legislature deal with immigration.

One would make being in the U.S. illegally an act of criminal trespass. Some would require police to check the immigration status of people arrested or detained, like legislation implemented in Arizona. One would require public schools to keep track of undocumented students. Some would prohibit governments from using public money to print information in a language other than English. Others would deny state money to so-called sanctuary cities where immigration law is not fully enforced.

“With the urgency that legislators immediately began introducing anti-immigrant bills, we realized we needed to act with urgency,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder how many of these organizations are 501 C 3 phony not-for-profit tax-exempt "charities"? Do we need to remind them that they can't lobby, influence legislation or impact public policy because it's prohibited by federal law? I guess we do. Maybe we need to remind the IRS as well.

And what about the media? Why haven't they ever reported on the illegal lobbying activities of these phony "charities"?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think Texans made it very clear in November what direction they want Texas to go.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    I think Texans made it very clear in November what direction they want Texas to go.
    You got that right! We aren't going to let the criminals control our policies!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

That area they come from is represented by wacky Liberal politicians who are fortunately outnumbered this year.

No one is going to listen to them tell the rest of the state to let the border violence spill in.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)