Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX: Republican files for District 4 against Hall

Republican files for District 4 against Hall
    By: Brandy S. Chewning - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 12/07/2007

Kevin George has filed as a Republican Congressional candidate in Texas District 4, running against incumbent Ralph Hall.

George, from Celina, Texas, is against illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal aliens. He supports making English the official language of the United States and keeping jobs in the country.

Describing himself as a “soft Libertarian,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

George believes the corridor would make the United States more vulnerable to terrorism and would trample landowners’ rights.
    No mention of the border fence--does he endorse it or does he feel it would trample landowers rights too?

"If You Can Read This Thank A Teacher If You Can Read This In English Thank A Soldier!"
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was more to this story but one has to subscribe which I chose not to do. Thought this should be mentioned in case anyone is interested more in what he has to say.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you jean.

"If You Can Read This Thank A Teacher If You Can Read This In English Thank A Soldier!"
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're welcome MyAmerica.

I spoke with George's campaign manager last summer 'cuz I live in Hall's District 4. Because these candidates seem idealogical twins, the main reason for a new GOP candidate is Hall will be 85 at the next election. He's been a great representative, embracing all the conservative tenets but we've all seen the sad demise of Byrd and Thurmon. He's bright and alert right now but where will he be when he reaches the end of his next term? I think it's time for a change and will volunteer to work for George. He's only four miles away.
    '58 Airedale

I haven't lived in that area for a while and didn't even realize he was still in office - 85 - wow!

It would be interesting to know this new man's stance on the fence. Does he think it is the end all or does he think if we are going to trample - right word - on landowner's rights and cede the Rio GRande to Mexico, we should give strict interior enforcement a chance.

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

It would be interesting to know this new man's stance on the fence. Does he think it is the end all or does he think if we are going to trample - right word - on landowner's rights and cede the Rio GRande to Mexico, we should give strict interior enforcement a chance.
    Geez, I just finished reading another thread where you were shouting down the fence. Actually, you haven't been shy about sharing your negative views regarding the border fence for a couple days now. Well, just for informational purposes, I believe you're in the minority on this issue. I think it's safe to say most Americans want our borders secured and we know the only way that can happen is with quality fencing (physical fence, not virtual) and more border patrol agents. If not with fencing, exactly how do you propose we secure our borders? Strict interior enforcement will not secure our borders. Remember, more agents and quality fencing will not only drastically slow down illegal immigration, it'll also make it more difficult for smugglers and potential terrorist. All the interior enforcement and employer sanctions in the world won't stop the later two from entering illegally. A quality fence (the double-layered version) is not the problem, it's PART of the solution. Now all we have to do is get the Bush administration to adhere to the law that requires the fence and force them to expedite the building of it.

Oh, and please direct me to your source that states we are going to give Mexico the Rio Grande. Like I explained to you in another thread, fencing off a specific portion of your property doesn't necessarily mean you're giving the rest of it away.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nntrixie wrote:

I think it's safe to say most Americans want our borders secured and we know the only way that can happen is with quality fencing (physical fence, not virtual) and more border patrol agents. If not with fencing, exactly how do you propose we secure our borders?

(MOD EDIT)
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Any portion of the Border Fence built in TX. must be HIGHER, because everything is BIGGER in TX.

When I visit Dallas/Ft Worth, almost every yard has a fence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast