Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I just got Glenn Beck's email newsletter and he is having this on his TV show tonight.
    Love Glenn. Melanie's story needs to be widespread across America.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

I also hope Terry Anderson finds out about this incident. Terry would probably calls the school adminstrators clowns.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

I bet if she had dared to fight back and hit one of her vicious attackers she would have been prosecuted for committing a HATE CRIME. But no doubt the Latino students will never face any hate crime charges, after all only WHITE people can commit hate crimes.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

[b]“If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration.â€

Why would a group of boys attack a lone girl? In most civilized societies men simply do not hit women. These boys are what we are supposed to want as fellow American citizens? No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Why would a group of boys attack a lone girl? In most civilized societies men simply do not hit women. These boys are what we are supposed to want as fellow American citizens? No thanks!
    You may be incorrect, Bush himself has stated the strength of the ILLEGALS are their Family Values!

[b]REMEMBER “If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration.â€

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 85125.html

The attackers got a 3 day in school suspension!!! WTH?!?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5685125.html

The attackers got a 3 day in school suspension!!! WTH?!?!

That's an outrage!! Where are the criminal charges?

Or are they going to say she started it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Article from http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 85125.html

By PAUL J. WEBER
    Associated Press

DALLAS — A teenager who took a sign reading "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration" to school said she was hurt after being swarmed by angry classmates, and administrators said Tuesday they have suspended three students involved in the scuffle.

"It's disappointing that it happened," Athens school district superintendent Fred Hayes said. "It does not surprise me with the political nature of this issue."

Melanie Bowers, 13, brought the sign to Athens Middle School on Friday as part of a class project on political activism. Each child was assigned to pick an issue and prepare a poster supporting a position.

Hayes said she was showing the sign in the hallway when a group of students tried wresting it away.

J.R. Bowers, the girl's father, said Melanie suffered scratch marks along her neck, face and arms. He said she also had a swollen jaw.

Bowers said as many as 20 students surrounded his daughter in the hallway, and Hayes said others may have hurled verbal insults. The poster was ultimately destroyed by other students.

"She was like a zebra on her arm," Bowers said of the bruises. "She believes they were intentionally trying to hurt her."

The three students given in-school suspension are Hispanic, Hayes said. Bowers is white. Although the school has video surveillance, Hayes said the incident occurred in a blind spot out of camera range but no punches were thrown.

Hayes said that since local media first reported the story in Athens, a city of 12,000 about 70 miles south of Dallas, the district has received e-mails from far away.

He said some messages are prefaced with sympathy for Bowers, but go on to say that the other students "are American citizens just like I am, and just like you are."

"Some of these people are irrational in some of the e-mails that they've been sending me about these young people," Hayes said.

Nearly 50 percent of students in the Athens school district are white and about 34 percent are Hispanic, according to the Texas Education Agency.

Hayes said the class project was not appropriate for middle school students. He said the immigration issue has become so politicized and polarizing that "it's much more than illegal now. It just becomes sinister and evil."

Bowers agreed that the project shouldn't have been given to an eighth-grade class.

"The night before she had this due, she started telling me about this assignment," Bowers said. "I looked at her and said, 'This is a bad idea. This is going to go south real quick.'"

Bowers said he is holding his daughter out of school for a week until attention surrounding the scuffle calms down. Hayes said school officials are continuing to investigate to see if others were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    They are taught intolerance, hate and bias at home. They learn by example of the company they keep. I fight with some of my family members about this all the time. They call me a traitor and I call them sheep.

The prinicipal said she was attacked in a blind spot. Does he think that all the kids at that school don't know where the blind spots are? Gimme a break! Of course they do! Why do you think she was attacked there?

Hayes should be fired for his incompetence!
    "

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast