Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TX-U.S. Customs agent arrested on fake travel permit charges

U.S. Customs agent arrested on fake travel permit charges

LAREDO, Texas -- A U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent arrested on charges alleging that he sold a fake travel permit to a Mexican national made his first court appearance Monday, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Ramiro Villareal Jr., 27, was arrested Thursday on a charge of accepting bribes for making and delivering fake travel documents, prosecutors said.

During a hearing Monday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Diana Saldana ordered that Villareal be held on $100,000 bond. It is unclear if the agent has a lawyer.

Prosecutors said Villareal's alleged crime was discovered on April 30 when a Mexican national leaving the country was found to be traveling with a fake I-94 arrival-departure document. The fake document, prosecutors said, had Villareal's stamp on it.

A real I-94 shows a legal stay in the U.S. by a foreign national who has shown a passport or border crossing card.

Prosecutors said Villareal had two other fake I-94s with him when he was arrested.

His next court appearance is scheduled for May 15.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=8274988
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: TX-U.S. Customs agent arrested on fake travel permit cha

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    U.S. Customs agent arrested on fake travel permit charges

LAREDO, Texas -- A U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent arrested on charges alleging that he sold a fake travel permit to a Mexican national made his first court appearance Monday, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Ramiro Villareal Jr., 27, was arrested Thursday on a charge of accepting bribes for making and delivering fake travel documents, prosecutors said.

During a hearing Monday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Diana Saldana ordered that Villareal be held on $100,000 bond. It is unclear if the agent has a lawyer.

Prosecutors said Villareal's alleged crime was discovered on April 30 when a Mexican national leaving the country was found to be traveling with a fake I-94 arrival-departure document. The fake document, prosecutors said, had Villareal's stamp on it.

A real I-94 shows a legal stay in the U.S. by a foreign national who has shown a passport or border crossing card.

Prosecutors said Villareal had two other fake I-94s with him when he was arrested.

His next court appearance is scheduled for May 15.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=8274988
    It's little wonder that drugs get smuggled into the country so easily when the very people we trust to protect this country are criminals. I hope this guy gets a long prison sentence. To me there is nothing worse than a crooked law enforcement agent.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas