Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tyson to shut plants for Monday pro-illegal Rallys

Prices, immigration rallies to cut Tyson meat output on Mon
    Fri Apr 7, 2006 12:53 PM ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Top U.S. meat producer Tyson Foods Inc. said on Friday that it will reduce production for one day on Monday at its beef, pork, and chicken operations in response to market conditions and planned immigration rallies on that day.
    "Some of our plants are not scheduled to operate Monday, due to multiple reasons including market conditions and the planned immigration rally," Gary Mickelson, Tyson spokesman, said in an e-mail.

About 30 percent of Tyson's workers are Hispanic and the company is studying what impact an immigration rally scheduled for that day will have on worker attendance at its plants.

A compromise bipartisan plan to overhaul the nation's immigration law failed on Friday on its first test vote in a sharply divided U.S. Senate.

Just a day after leaders from both parties agreed to the plan and predicted it would be widely embraced, new bickering shelved the measure amid complaints it would give amnesty to immigrants who illegally entered the country.

Tyson did not identify the market conditions prompting the reduction in output, but food analysts have said that U.S. meat companies have been struggling recently due to an abundance of beef, pork, and chicken. That abundance has pressured prices for the meat these companies sell.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fine.....shut down.....don't buy tyson anyway. All I want to know is if beef is in such an abundance why did I just see today in Jewel a tiny scrap of meat {roast} for 22.88? Not even a good cut. And Perdue chicken is about as expensive as steak. I don't see any savings from the cheap labor the illegals are providing trickeling down to my plate. Pasta again!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

our crystal ball shows "market conditions" are going to get worse before they get better. Tyson wants to 'play chicken' with the American people -- we'll see who's left standing
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Yes I agree let them reduce production so their "illegal employees" can attend rallys. We can show how we feel about that by not buying their products then they can really reduce production and illegal labor.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What will the idiots at Tyson do if those illegals decide to take a whole week off? It’s a good chance for us legal citizens to sneak in and take our jobs back.

BTW, Tyson chicken tastes like rubber.

That is NOT going to make me buy Tysons food. Again, they are bending over to please illegals. Wait until we start enforcing those traitors who hire them..
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I bet the chickens are happy the plant was shut down for the day.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Tyson is a bunch of idiots and they're closing the plant so the illegals can go protest because they are afraid of repercussions or retaliation.

If any American gets harmed in any way because of their employees, Tyson is going to be open to major legal battles.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    If any American gets harmed in any way because of their employees, Tyson is going to be open to major legal battles.
    I don't believe that I live close to where a rally is taking place. Still, if me or mine are harmed in any way by an illegal alien during this protest, I won't hesitate to contact a laywer and try to sue Tyson. I've been wondering how I could earn a million dollars. I would love to go on a nice cruise and buy a house.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    I don't believe that I live close to where a rally is taking place. Still, if me or mine are harmed in any way by an illegal alien during this protest, I won't hesitate to contact a laywer and try to sue Tyson. I've been wondering how I could earn a million dollars. I would love to go on a nice cruise and buy a house.
    Annie, you might be closer than you think. Found this on PHNnews:

NORTH CAROLINA

Raleigh or Siler City Contact: Marisol Jimenez McGee (919) 835-1525 Marisol@elpueblo.org

http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=34076
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast