Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. agents fired at on Mexico border

U.S. agents fired at on Mexico border

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/ ... 70079/1002
    By Jerry Seper
    September 7, 2007

U.S. law-enforcement authorities were confronted by gunfire from automatic weapons as they chased and caught a drug-smuggling suspect in west Texas trying to flee back into Mexico, the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office said yesterday.

No one was hurt and the gunmen were not identified, although the area has been the scene of similar incidents over the past several months, including a confrontation in January when heavily armed men in Mexican military uniforms fired on Texas officers with a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on the back of a camouflaged Humvee.

The men were identified at the time by Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West as "soldiers."

In the latest incident, a 33-year-old Mexican national was caught Wednesday morning by U.S. Border Patrol agents and Hudspeth County sheriff's deputies after officials said he abandoned 1,083 pounds of marijuana in an SUV near the U.S.-Mexico border after hitting tire spikes set up by agents on a dirt road near Fort Hancock, Texas.

It's not clear if the gunfire was aimed at the U.S. law-enforcement officers, but Sheriff West ordered the area cleared and began a search for the gunmen south of the capture site by seven of his deputies. He said it was determined that the gunfire had come from the Mexican side of border.

In the January incident, Hudspeth County deputies pursued three SUVs back to Mexico after spotting them driving north from the Rio Grande. The pursuit ended on the U.S. side of the border when the deputies encountered 10 heavily armed men in what Sheriff West described as battle-dress uniforms.

At that time, deputies found 1,400 pounds of marijuana in one of the vehicles abandoned after it blew a tire early in the pursuit. Another made it into Mexico and a third got stuck in the Rio Grande and was burned by the "soldiers" after it was unloaded.

In November, the Border Patrol chased a dump truck full of marijuana in the same area when it also got stuck in the river while trying to return to Mexico. While agents sought to unload 3 tons of marijuana, the driver — who had fled — returned with a heavily armed group of men wearing Mexican military uniforms and carrying military-style weapons

The soldiers backed the agents away and bulldozed the truck back into Mexico.

Sheriff West said in the latest incident, Border Patrol agents were ordered not to engage unknown gunman on the Texas-Mexico border after the foot pursuit and capture, and left the area before the search by his deputies began.

But Border Patrol spokesman Douglas Mosier in El Paso, Texas, said agents tracked the marijuana load out of Mexico, sought to stop the vehicle when it entered the U.S., pursued the suspected smuggler and apprehended him. He said the agents, who also heard the gunfire, left the area only after it was secured.

Since 1996, there have been of 216 confirmed incursions by the Mexican military into the U.S.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Humvee with a mounted 50 cal machine gun.
    Where do these guys get this stuff?
    This is scary!

Sounds Like an Armed invasion to me.

Added to Home Page
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=2531
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Hello President Bush!!!!!

Are the lights on but no one's home???
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You'll have to excuse President Bush, he's menatlly incompacitated at the moment..or should I say for the duration of his life.

He's not home. He's out of the country, which by the way it was just announced that he will be spending A LOT of his time "out of the country" during 2008.

I wonder why?

It could make you wonder if maybe he doesn't think it's safe to be here.

(and I'm not buying...."oh he just wants to work on relations with other countries".) I'm not buying it.

He could invite people to come here instead.....unless.....he just doesn't want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen

He's not home. He's out of the country, which by the way it was just announced that he will be spending A LOT of his time "out of the country" during 2008.

I wonder why?

It could make you wonder if maybe he doesn't think it's safe to be here.

(and I'm not buying...."oh he just wants to work on relations with other countries".) I'm not buying it.
    It sure makes me wonder. That's really scarey.
    I guess they don't know how much damage the nuclear missle will do, or which way the wind will blow afterwards. So it's much safer just to take the family out of the country.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Whats getting scary is these Mexican Army incursions don't even make the news anymore! But we can't have our Army guard the border?
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Humvees

Zeezil posted:
    heavily armed men in Mexican military uniforms fired on Texas officers with a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on the back of a camouflaged Humvee.
    I wonder how many of these Humvees mounted with .50-caliber machine guns will the semi-trucks hold that the Mexicans will be driving ?
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !