Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It is an election year. Chuck threw a bad card on the table. The card of fear.

Whilst those who have been paying close attention to the erosion of the Constitution will not be suprised by such an article, others may have not been aware of the implications of some of these erosions.

On the other hand perhaps this is another wake up call for Americans to pay attention to their politicians.

Perhaps Americans will learn that it is time to clean house. JMHO

Has anyone noticed how the media has begun to talk to Ron Paul during this last week or so? A media darling all of a sudden, or McCain spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Bring it on. We need it.

I don't understand.
    People are afraid to go out in their own neighborhoods. Law abiding parents can't leave their kids alone in their own yards. They have to do SOMETHING. For God's sake, the government isn't always out to get you.

"After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one."
    Ok so about a week ago I understood that these soldiers would be temporarily here. I really thought they would probably be stationed on the border somewhere....Or ready to go to the border. But um...This morning I read this ....That this would be permanent? No. This is not good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dep0rt
    Bring it on. We need it.

I don't understand.
    People are afraid to go out in their own neighborhoods. Law abiding parents can't leave their kids alone in their own yards. They have to do SOMETHING. For God's sake, the government isn't always out to get you.

That's what I say!!!

As I was saying on another topic not too long ago........we've been DEMANDING that our government do something for ages. We've been applauding the use of military by other countries in dealing with illegal immigration and the problems associated with it. But when our own seems to finally be getting on the right track.......it's some diabolical plot.

It makes no sense to me.

We all know the issues, we all know the agendas. We all also know that our law enforcement at all levels are overwhelmed, outmanned, outgunned, Third World violence is spilling across our borders, a foreign military is crossing into this country, etc. The list is dizzying.

Granted, this type of thing may not be what we are used to, but let's face it.....we live in a much different time. A time in which we are no longer safe, we are being attacked by those with no respect for this country, our laws, our citizens. We have people holding political power at all levels who are openly treasonous and seditious, hiding behind their "right" to Free Speech, when they are nothing more than enemies of the state and should have been dealt with a long time ago as such.

This is really something I am surprised we haven't seen before now, but it IS just possible that the US was trying to AVOID having to resort to these measures because it has never been our way. As you point out, the government is not ALWAYS out to get us and I don't believe for a second this is what is going on now.

The way I see it........we either want something done to protect us, or we don't. But when the answer is "don't" then we have no room to bitch about being overrun and overthrown.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Bring it on. We need it.

I don't understand.

That's what I say!!!

As I was saying on another topic not too long ago........we've been DEMANDING that our government do something for ages. We've been applauding the use of military by other countries in dealing with illegal immigration and the problems associated with it. But when our own seems to finally be getting on the right track.......it's some diabolical plot.

It makes no sense to me.

We all know the issues, we all know the agendas. We all also know that our law enforcement at all levels are overwhelmed, outmanned, outgunned, Third World violence is spilling across our borders, a foreign military is crossing into this country, etc. The list is dizzying.

Granted, this type of thing may not be what we are used to, but let's face it.....we live in a much different time. A time in which we are no longer safe, we are being attacked by those with no respect for this country, our laws, our citizens. We have people holding political power at all levels who are openly treasonous and seditious, hiding behind their "right" to Free Speech, when they are nothing more than enemies of the state and should have been dealt with a long time ago as such.

This is really something I am surprised we haven't seen before now, but it IS just possible that the US was trying to AVOID having to resort to these measures because it has never been our way. As you point out, the government is not ALWAYS out to get us and I don't believe for a second this is what is going on now.

The way I see it........we either want something done to protect us, or we don't. But when the answer is "don't" then we have no room to bitch about being oveerun and overthrown.
    I AGREE WITH YOU BUT THE PART THAT IS STARTING TO MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND IS THAT THE ARTICLE SAYS IT IS A PERMANENT MISSION. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE TEMPORARY....TO DEFEND THE BORDER ....LIKE FROM DRUG CARTELS. BUT IT IS PERMANENT? NOW I AM CONCERNED.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Bring it on. We need it.

I don't understand.

That's what I say!!!

It makes no sense to me.

The way I see it........we either want something done to protect us, or we don't. But when the answer is "don't" then we have no room to bitch about being oveerun and overthrown.
    I AGREE WITH YOU BUT THE PART THAT IS STARTING TO MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND IS THAT THE ARTICLE SAYS IT IS A PERMANENT MISSION. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE TEMPORARY....TO DEFEND THE BORDER ....LIKE FROM DRUG CARTELS. BUT IT IS PERMANENT? NOW I AM CONCERNED.

I can understand that, but is the threat we face temporary, or is it permanent?

I would hazard a guess to say that it's permanent.

How do we just defend our borders from drug cartels, terrorists, etc. when they are now embedded inside of our country....not just at the border? My kids are in more danger from the criminals living miles from the border than they are from those who might be stopped coming in. I'm in more danger at the mall from the terrorist suicide bomber living undetected within my community, than I am from one stopped before he gets in.

You see my point.

Without strict interior enforcement and dilligence, all of the border security in the world isn't really going to matter.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    you need to look at the whole picture. Our Armed Forces are stretched to the limits.

All of the sudden we have a Brigade (Normally around 4,000) soldies being deployed on US soil.

Doesnt say they are being deployed on the border (It would take a hell of a lot more that 4,000) if that was the case.

They are not coming here to make your back yard safe .. if that was the case they would have been here a long time ago.

Our borders are not secure as thousands still try to get in while hundreds are caught.

no... I do not believe they are here for the Illegal Aliens... they are here to protect the government from "We the Pissed Off People"

it would be nice to see Bush's executive order that "The Congress is not permitted to see" even if they are on the Department of Homeland Security board

The government always says "it's only temporary," but things end up being permanent.

We do live in different times, but even so, I think it's a bad idea, and isn't American.... sounds more like Communist China.

The way the government has been dismantling our Constitution, who's to say those troops won't be ordered to turn on us along with the illegals? What will they do to us when we have a complete economy collapse, and people are angry due to the deception by the very same folks they once trusted?

What starts out with good intentions usually ends up being abused by evil.
    Remeber, the nuclear bomb was created with good intentions...

We're opening a Pandora's box of mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Bring it on. We need it.

I don't understand.

That's what I say!!!

It makes no sense to me.

I can understand that, but is the threat we face temporary, or is it permanent?

I would hazard a guess to say that it's permanent.

How do we just defend our borders from drug cartels, terrorists, etc. when they are now embedded inside of our country....not just at the border? My kids are in more danger from the criminals living miles from the border than they are from those who might be stopped coming in. I'm in more danger at the mall from the terrorist suicide bomber living undetected within my community, than I am from one stopped before he gets in.

You see my point.

Without strict interior enforcement and dilligence, all of the border security in the world isn't really going to matter.
    I DO SEE YOUR POINT. AND I AGREE THAT WE ARE LIVING IN A VERY DANGEROUS COUNTRY RIGHT NOW.

I REALLY DONT FEEL THREATENED BY OUR MILITARY COMING HERE TO DEFEND OUR COUNTRY AGAINST PRESENT THREATS WITHIN OUR BORDERS. HOWEVER, I AM NOT SURE THE THREAT WILL BE A PERMANENT CONDITION. MAYBE IT WILL MAYBE IT WONT.

THEY ARE DECIDING FROM THE GET GO THAT THIS WILL BE PERMANENT. I GUESS I WOULD FEEL BETTER IF THEY SAID IT WOULD BE TILL FURTHER NOTICE. "PERMANENT" JUST SEEMS SO..... PERMANENT.

AND USED THE WRONG WAY, A PERMANENT MILITARY PRESENCE COULD GET OUT OF HAND. SO I FEEL CONCERNED ABOUT THIS. I WILL HAVE TO GIVE THIS SOME THOUGHT TO DECIDE HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast