Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. citizenship or a used car?

U.S. citizenship or a used car?
    Dave Gibson
    July 5, 6:00 PM
    6 comments

Despite the defeat by the American people of the 2007 McCain/Kennedy Amnesty Bill, President Obama is now planning another attempt at amnesty for the millions of foreign nationals now residing in this country illegally.

We overwhelmingly rejected the bill and our legislators heard us in numbers never before seen. However, during the 2008 election, promises were made by both the Democrat and Republican nominees to pass the incredibly unpopular measure.

While the party faithful on both sides of the aisle claimed to offer a real alternative to the other, McCain’s and Obama’s support for amnesty provided proof that neither candidate actually planned to represent the will of the people.

Last year, Republican Presidential candidate John McCain told the crowd at the 2008 National La Raza Conference: "I don´t want to fail again to achieve comprehensive immigration reform." Barack Obama also addressed La Raza and pledged his support for so-called comprehensive immigration reform.

Of course, "comprehensive immigration reform" is nothing more than code for amnesty for illegal aliens.

The amnesty bill written by McCain would have merely required illegal aliens to pay a $5,000 fee in order to stay here and gain legal residency. The fact that American citizenship is now valued at roughly the same cost as a 2003 Volkswagen is insulting, the fact that our own Congress and President have arrived at that estimation speaks to how little respect our elected representatives have for this nation.

Many believe that through his incompetent leadership, Bush helped throw the 2006 mid-term elections to the Democrats in order to rid the House of enough conservative Republicans to finally pass his amnesty plan. The once conservative House had been the only thing standing in the way of Bush and his plan to give "a path to citizenship" to millions of illegal aliens.

However, Bush did not anticipate the incredible activism displayed by the American people, who flooded the Senate with emails, letters, and phone calls. In fear for their political life, U.S. Senators changed their intended vote to "NO" on McCain´s amnesty plan.

Now both the House and Senate are controlled by Democrats who have been in favor of a blanket amnesty plan for years. Seeking the Hispanic vote, Obama made it clear that he would sign such a plan, it would appear that the days are numbered for America´s sovereignty.

We are all being sold-out and now we must watch as our precious citizenship will be offered for a $5,000 fee to anyone who invades our once sovereign soil. Senator John McCain who will never let us forget that he is a veteran, basically told us that the sacrifices made by all of the men who have fought and died for this nation meant nothing...Or at least no more than the blue book value of an ‘03 Jetta!

Anyone who sneaks into our country, will enjoy the same rights and privileges as those who wait for years to come here legally. I suppose, anyone who has trespassed on a rancher's property, cutting their fences and endangering their livestock will now be regarded in the same light as the brave souls who settled at Jamestown 400 years ago.

Under McCain's bill, even members of Mexican drug gangs would have received amnesty by simply signing a statement in which they renounced their gang affiliation, the so-called 'background checks' that illegal aliens would receive are only of the 24-hour variety, which reveal very little (if anything) and would then be given a six-month worker card. Even violent members of MS-13 would be given legal status based on nothing but their promise to become upstanding citizens.

My great-grandfather fought in World War I and sustained a grievous injury at the hands of the German Imperial Army, an injury which caused him to suffer for the rest of his long life. As I stare at his discharge papers and Victory Medal now proudly displayed above my desk, I wonder what he would think of this day. I wonder if he would now view the sacrifices he and so many of his comrades made for this nation to be pointless.

I grieve for my great-grandfather and for all of the courageous men who have taken up arms in defense of this great country. On this dark day, I grieve not only for the ones who are now gone but most of all for the veterans who are still here. The brave men who fought in bloody battles defending the American way of life, now must watch as those currently in power render their service irrelevant.

I would have never believed that a day would come when our Republic would be controlled by those willing to trade American citizenship for the promise of potential votes and cheap labor. However, that sad day is now upon us.

www.examiner.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jean you forgot to say the piece was written by somebody named David Gibson
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Jean you forgot to say the piece was written by somebody named David Gibson

Thank you Richard for pointing that out. Will edit now.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn