Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Crackdown On Illegal Hiring

U.S. Set for a Crackdown on Illegal Hiring

By JULIA PRESTON
    Published: August 8, 2007

In a new effort to crack down on illegal immigrants, federal authorities are expected to announce tough rules this week that would require employers to fire workers who use false Social Security numbers.

Officials said the rules would be backed up by stepped-up raids on workplaces across the country that employ illegal immigrants.

After first proposing the rules last year, Department of Homeland Security officials said they held off finishing them to await the outcome of the debate in Congress over a sweeping immigration bill. That measure, which was supported by President Bush, died in the Senate in June.

Now administration officials are signaling that they intend to clamp down on employers of illegal immigrants even without a new immigration law to offer legal status to millions of illegal immigrants already in the workforce.

The approach is expected to play well with conservatives who have long demanded that the administration do more to enforce existing immigration laws, but it could also lead to renewed pressure from businesses on Congress to provide legal status for an estimated six million unauthorized immigrant workers.

“We are tough and we are going to be even tougher,â€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will believe it when I see it.

I actually think a lot of Americans are going to be singled out because of some 'error' or they haven't changed their name, or some such thing. I think that will be deliberate.

Even large companies that do not hire many low-skilled immigrants would be affected by the rules, lawyers said

They are kinda admitting all these workers are not just poor farm peasants, doesn't it?

This is much ado about nothing, run the check and see if there is a reason for the difference - then fire them - actually ICE should be notified and they should be sent home - then.

$10K isn't enough - unless it's per day - per illegal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hopefully more illegals will believe that it's getting to be too tough to get a job, if the government acutally cracks down on S.S. # fraud.

But does this include all the stolen S.S. #'s that illegals use, not just the fake ones? One can only hope!

Self-deportation through the enforcement of laws!

TexasGal

I don't think the illegals are afraid of anything. What do they have to fear? At present, they know if they have anchor babies, they are here to stay. They know if they get sent home, they can 'beat the bus back', as one told me.

We hear the stories of the ones in the trucks, etc., but most of them simply walk across somewhere or wade the river and have someone waiting for them. The ones who cross the desert, I think are either drug dealers, criminals, or are forced there by coyotes.

Nothing is going to happen until we read about employers going to prison for violation of immigration laws...then you will see compliance.

Added: I mean employers at large corporations, not just mom & pop stores.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    Nothing is going to happen until we read about employers going to prison for violation of immigration laws...then you will see compliance.

Added: I mean employers at large corporations, not just mom & pop stores.
    Yes, and that isn't going to happen. That is just a fact.

Nothing will happen at all until we decide we won't give these people our money. That is the only weapon we really have - at least we have it now. Give these people a little more time and we won't have that.

If DHS is SERIOUS abot this, they should go to Congress and ask for TIGHT law on the subject. Then the illegals and their backers can sue all they want!

Yes, but why do we need NEW laws. New laws would take some time, would probably have to be tried in court.

If the laws we have allow the arrest of Mom and Pop hiring 5-20, surely it could be used for those corporations hiring thousands? I don't think the fault lies in the law, but in the amount of contributions made to politicians.

I am so afraid the talk of new laws is just a delaying tactic - until after the elections.

Let's dust off the laws that we have already used, very sparingly agreed, but use them. Then for any situation they don't cover, we can consider new laws.

Let's don't give them the excuse of needing new laws - for I fear that is what it is - an excuse.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn