U.S. General Reveals that Over 1,000 Drones Cross The Southern Border Every Month

BY SEAMUS OTHOT

MARCH 18, 2024

U.S. General revealed that thousands of drones have been crossing the southern border along with the millions of illegal immigrants crossing every year.

“The number of incursions was something that was alarming to me as I took command last month. I don’t know the actual number, I don’t think anyone does, but it’s in the thousands,” said Gen. Gregory Guillot, “We probably have over 1,000 a month.”

Gen. Guillot was questioned about border security by Sen. Ted Budd (R-North Carolina), during a hearing of the Senate Armed Forces Committee.

Guillot revealed that, although he has not yet seen the drones posing a threat to national defense, he believes them to be a cause for concern.

“I Haven’t seen any of them manifest in a threat to the level of national defense, but I see the potential only growing,” said Guillot.

The general did not provide any information on the origin of the drones, or whether they have military capabilities.

He also failed to mention any measures being taken to stop the influx of foreign-controlled drones.

A 2023 report suggested that the Rio Grand Valley Border sector in Texas alone saw incursions from over 10,000 drones in that year, while border patrol detected over 25,000 operating near the border.

According to the 2023 report, those drones were used by transnational criminal organizations, such as the drug cartels trafficking fentanyl into the U.S. in order to surveil border patrol agents and allow them to hide their smuggling operations.

[RELATED: Chinese Nationals Caught Illegally Entering U.S. Reached Record High in December…]

The thousands of drone incursions into the U.S., while drones are increasingly being used as weapons of war in places such as Ukraine, comes as Chinese nationals have been entering the country illegally in record numbers amid rising tensions between the U.S. and China.

https://www.themainewire.com/2024/03...r-every-month/