Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UN To Investigate U.S. For Human Rights Violation

U.N. to investigate U.S. for human rights violations
    Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 6/9/2008 4:00:00 AM

A United Nations official intends to visit a Northern Virginia county this week to investigate its tough crackdown on illegal immigration.

The UN's special investigator on migrants' rights, Jorge Bustamante, plans to tour the cities of Manassas and Woodbridge to determine whether law enforcement measures in Prince William County violate the human rights of illegal aliens. Proponents of illegal immigration have been critical of the county's law requiring police officers to check the residency status of all local crime suspects.

Corey Stewart, chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, says Bustamante is seeking to embarrass the county and the U.S. "The United Nations has consistently turned a blind eye to regimes across the world that are not only engaged in human rights abuses but in genocide and actual killing of migrants and immigrants all across the globe," Stewart explains. "But here, what they've decided to do is spend some of their time beating up on the United States and localities here – Prince William County, in particular – for simply enforcing the law. And, frankly, I find that repugnant," he argues.

Stewart believes the UN is infuriated by the county's crackdown on illegal immigration because it is one of the most stringent and successful in the country. He notes that the crime rate, along with the English as a Second Language student population at the schools, has dropped. Stewart also notes that the waiting lines in the hospital emergency rooms are shorter, and the crackdown has improved the county's overall quality of life.

"And that's due to our crackdown on illegal immigration. They don't like that. They are hoping, of course, that other localities don't follow suit and use Prince William County as an example because it has been successful," Stewart contends.

The success, Stewart believes, is because large numbers of illegal aliens are leaving.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... ?id=131160
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for Corey Stewart!!! He's 100% right on target with his assessment of the purpose of this "visit" by Bustamante who is doing the bidding of the pro illegal advocates and the Mexican government.

I know that the elected officials in PWC have been "invited" to attend a meeting with Bustamante and I hope they refuse. Not diplomatically politely decline, but flat out REFUSE to waste one second of their time in even listening to what this jackass has to say.

The UN needs to butt the hell out of matters involving national sovereignty and start taking on the countries where there are real human rights abuses.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Corey Stewart, chairman of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, says Bustamante is seeking to embarrass the county and the U.S. "The United Nations has consistently turned a blind eye to regimes across the world that are not only engaged in human rights abuses but in genocide and actual killing of migrants and immigrants all across the globe," Stewart explains. "But here, what they've decided to do is spend some of their time beating up on the United States and localities here – Prince William County, in particular – for simply enforcing the law. And, frankly, I find that repugnant," he argues.

Stewart believes the UN is infuriated by the county's crackdown on illegal immigration because it is one of the most stringent and successful in the country. He notes that the crime rate, along with the English as a Second Language student population at the schools, has dropped. Stewart also notes that the waiting lines in the hospital emergency rooms are shorter, and the crackdown has improved the county's overall quality of life.

"And that's due to our crackdown on illegal immigration. They don't like that. They are hoping, of course, that other localities don't follow suit and use Prince William County as an example because it has been successful," Stewart contends.

"The crackdown has improved the county's overall quality of life." There you have it. I want a better life too. So don't give me the excuse that illegal immigration doesn't have a negative affect to our cities, our schools, health, finances, etc. If you live with it the spin doesn't work anymore.

I hope those citizens literally run him out of town.

This is preposterous. I say KICK THE UN OUT OF THE US NOW!!! What rights do they have to investigate our immigration laws? If they think ours are barbaric, they should look at Mexico's. I will write more when I calm down or W will probably be forced to have the mods sensor this post to the extreme.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with you, Cayla. There are many places in the world that need monitoring instead of telling us who should be allowed to live in our country. I have a feeling all of this came about with Mexico whining to the UN.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I agree with you, Cayla. There are many places in the world that need monitoring instead of telling us who should be allowed to live in our country. I have a feeling all of this came about with Mexico whining to the UN.
    So do I. I also think by allowing this to continue we are in essence surrendering some of our sovereignty. No matter what the outcome of the investigation is. By simply allowing them to investigate, we are saying that they have the RIGHT to meddle in our internal affairs.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)