Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: UNC joins fray on immigrant tuition

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    "We can't stick our heads in the sand," system President Erskine Bowles said Thursday.
    It's not sand you've got your head in Skipper. Don't you find the odor offensive?

"It's a slippery slope," Vaughan said. "There are documented citizens of this state who can't get their children into the campuses."
    What the he!! is a "documented citizen"?

The commission will submit its recommendations to the UNC system's Board of Governors in January.
    Why rush? Could it be they're taking 2008 apps now and you want to make sure your IAs are included. BTW, do you plan to wave application fees for them as well?

"We can't deport them," Phillips said. "So it's up to us to say, 'Are they going to be here in jail or on public assistance? Or are they going to be productive members of society?' "
    Sounds pretty much like a done deal to me. By all means, let these people who are here illegally continue their education at taxpayers' expense. We certainly don't mind if they take seats from lifelong taxpayers' children which they certainly will do. You don't have to worry about your kids.

Martin Lancaster, the departing president of the community college system
    Lame duck leave NOW.

Andrea Bazán, a commission member
    Now we certainly know Ms. Bazan will be completely objective don't we?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess I need to accept that NC is a sanctuary state. I've been living here for 11 years and can't believe how much things have changed.

We were forced to send our kids to private school because the illegals created so much overcrowding that our kids were redistricted to an awful school not even close to our home. So after paying taxes for years and years, our money is not going toward our childrens education but it's paying for illegal children who don't even speak our language!

The first state to adopt the NAU drivers license.

Every new house in this area is being built by illegals and definitely the quality has declined big time.

You can't eat at a restaurant without seeing them working there - preparing food, etc. So we can't eat out anymore.

They are everywhere!!!

Now they are starting with the in state tuition for illegals. So they want even more of our tax dollars now.

I almost forgot to mention to drunk illegal drivers killing everyone on the road and NOTHING is being done about it!

It's hard to believe this is happening in our country and I am depressed about it. We are talking about moving to another state. I know that's not really the answer because this problem is everywhere but they are just going to continue flocking to NC and I don't think we can take it. Sorry for the vent.

JAK
    I cannot express with words how I feel!!!!!!!!!!

Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12