Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OldRebel, Hope you find the info you need!! glad you joined ALIPAC, you will learn alot on here!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks so much for the direction ALIPAC. I just joined the site and didn't see the links at the top of the page.

This looks like one of the most informative websites I have been to. Thanks SOSAD. Believe me, we need all the help we can get here. I think like a majority of U.S. citizens, we need to learn alot.

I'm glad I found you guys.

Oldrebel,

Welcome to Alipac!
    We are so glad you are here!
    This IS a wonderful site and it is filled with the most patriotic, energetic and sincere people you will find anywhere!
    Since signing up In Feb, I have learned more then I could have imagined possible. There is so much good information here and if you ever need help, just ask, we try hard to help newcomers find their way!

Make sure you visit our Alipac news link. There are tons of great articles there to read and inform yourself with.

Also, as you become more comfortable, please visit the ALIPAC activist site. There you can find out about legislation that will matter to you. It is a great source for contact numbers and ideas!

Again Welcome, jump in, the waters fine!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Oldrebel,

Welcome to Alipac!
    We are so glad you are here!
    This IS a wonderful site and it is filled with the most patriotic, energetic and sincere people you will find anywhere!
    Since signing up In Feb, I have learned more then I could have imagined possible. There is so much good information here and if you ever need help, just ask, we try hard to help newcomers find their way!

Make sure you visit our Alipac news link. There are tons of great articles there to read and inform yourself with.

Also, as you become more comfortable, please visit the ALIPAC activist site. There you can find out about legislation that will matter to you. It is a great source for contact numbers and ideas!

Again Welcome, jump in, the waters fine!
    Couldn't resist!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by OldRebel

Last week I got a phone call from a young hispanic couple in their mid 20s, whose mother married a friend of ours a couple years ago. This young couple wanted us to write a letter of 'character' they said they wanted to give their lawyer. They said it was to get a green card. They said they had work permits but they were expiring. We refused to do it, because we have no idea of their legal status.

They also claim they have social security cards, which is what I am wondering about. Can they legally get SS cards with just work permits?

After about 3or 4 years living and working here, all of a sudden this young couple seems very eager to move on with the process. Very suspect to me.

Thank you.
    Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
    (US Work Permit Document for Non-Green Card Holders)
    The Employment Authorization Document is a plastic-coated card, issued by the USCIS, which authorizes an alien to work in the US for a specific period of time.
    A Brief Description of EAD:

If an alien possess an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), sometimes called a Work Permit, he/she is authorized to work without having the employer file a petition for non-immigrant worker. The EAD, which is in the form of a card, allows the alien to work in the United States for a limited period of time, generally one year. This work permit card contains the alien's name and photo, as well as the expiration date.

Tell them you would like to see the work permit first. Why wouldn't they show it to you? Then look up info on the type of visa they claim they have. I wasn't aware of meat packing being a needed specialty.
    http://www.workpermit.com/us/us.htm
    I believe they are given SSNs, so they can pay taxes.
    Since they are friends of your family, tell them you don't mean to question them, you just want to protect yourself. You could get in trouble if you "lie" to immigration. They are asking you to state you KNOW they are good, law abiding people so you have every right, and the obligation to, see the SSNs and the work permits, just to cover yourself.

Oh, and once you see their SSNs, copy the #s down (tell them you want to be able to prove, if needed, to immigration that you did ask) check them here.
    http://www.ssnvalidator.com/
    This is free but don't forget to check "yes, I accept" (I checked mine and it is accurate, and when I was a debt collector we used this site to see if people were using valid #s)
    This won't tell you who they were issued to, but will tell you if they are using SSNs belonging to someone who is no longer living, and also the approximate year issued. If they were issued 15 years ago, and they haven't been in the US that long..... They should have been issued the same year they got the work permits, and in the same state.

Thank you so very much Steph! These are things we knew nothing about. I have been to many websites and asked questions, but you guys really know what you are talking about. Your ideas are something we can work with. We didn't know what to look for, or what questions to ask.

And they aren't really friends of ours, but the mother married our friend. They don't talk to us unless they want something. I think they are duping and using him AND his friends, but thankfully with your help, we will be able to find out for sure.

Your help is very much appreciated, thank you again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12