Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Update: Senator Feinstein visits Valley

News report with video of Feinstein's visit to Fresno today. She argued that "American agriculture as we know it will go down the tubes if there is not an adequate work force" and that the lack of reform is making business difficult for farmers and growers, and they need relief." It seems to me farmers have been getting a lot of taxpayer relief; in the form of Citrus Freeze Relief and now they are trying to get Drought Relief; now they want labor relief? There are plenty of prisoners in this State! Farmers accept a lot of federal money and still defy the immigration laws! Farmers have to change their ways and operate within the law. Not around it and not trying to change it to cover their practices.
    And what Senator Feinstein still doesn't get is that Americans don't want it to continue as it has been; with the use of illegal labor! And how strange the video is showing only mechanized harvesting; even grape vines mechanically harvested. See Dianne? IT CAN BE DONE!

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein spent time in Fresno Thursday to discuss a number of federal issues with Valley impact.

Feinstein spoke at the Sunnyside Country Club and addressed topics from farm labor to gang violence.

The senator is working to find a legislative solution to shore up the local agricultural workforce, which has been depleted by crackdowns and immigration raids.

She says the lack of reform is making business difficult for farmers and growers, and they need relief.

"American agriculture as we know it will go down the tubes if there is not an adequate work force," says Feinstein.

The senator says another top priority is to improve the agricultural inspection process at all points of entry in the U.S.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/9344321.html

There is nothing wrong with sending them all back to Mexico and bringing out prisoners to pick crops for one season. If the farmers need workers that bad then they can bring in people, SEASONAL people to pick crops and then send them home.
    Just find out who the hell is here and the exact date of departure. What is wrong with the Fienstien? Does it make to much sense?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Farmers and Feinstein just don't get it yet ..even the Illegals don't want those slave labor jobs so Farmers need to get off their high horse so some real and lasting solutions can be found.

Prison Labor may be the answer.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I don't think Prison Labor is the answer, I think is too much.

Feinstein spoke at the Sunnyside Country Club and addressed topics from farm labor to gang violence.

Gang violence in the central valley is because of illegals and farmworkers.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by XtremHunter
    I don't think Prison Labor is the answer, I think is too much.
    i disagree. put them in chain gangs like sheriff joe does and make them work off their debt to society since taxpayers are paying their bills to keep them in jail in the first place.

I guess someone forgot to tell Feinstein and those farmers about H-2A visas, which are intended for temporary or seasonal labor.

What's really happening here is that growers want a pool of labor that they can tap, without going thru the process of applying for H-2A visas. Feinstein has a history of favoring business interests and she has no problem at all with stating the issue in a misleading way.

As always, employers will win, but everyone else will pay the price. We'll pay for their anchor babies, free education, free health care, and a sense of entitlement to all the benefits which should be reserved for American citizens.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade