Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Load up your 8 kids in your Escalade,buy some road snacks with the rest of your food stamps,get on the road and you will be in your home country in plenty of time for Christmas.

Have a good trip singing "Yes We Can" all the way home !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

[quote="NoBueno"][quote]“I am an ethical vegan, I care about animals and humans,â€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thousands of restaurants throughout the United States have illegals in their kitchens. So do big fast food chains. One thing I learned today is that many employers 1099 illegals or even have them establish LLCs in order to avoid "hiring" them as employees just in case immigration does a spot check.
    In some states, social security numbers are not required to establish a LLC and the IRS provides TIN numbers. If these restaurant workers were from countries other than Mexico, chances are ICE would have picked them up and processed them for quick deportation. It seems that when workers are Mexicans, they get all sorts of breaks. How dare they fire these workers before Christmas? Like that doesn't happen to American citizens, right?

Chipotle is one of the most noticeable places that hires illegals.

It's pretty bad when the customers have to point to what they want because the people on the line don't understand what they are saying. Believe me, I've seen enough at Chipotle restaurants to know they hire illegals.

I eat more often at the Taco Bell that has signs posted that they use e-Verify.

[quote]An action like this on a mass scale before the holidays is not consistent with the image they have cultivated.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fired Chipotle workers protest in downtown Mpls.

Updated: 12/22/2010 7:25:17 PM

MINNEAPOLIS-- Dozens of former employees, their families and friends gathered in front of Chipotle in downtown Minneapolis Wednesday afternoon to protest the recent firings of nearly 100 hispanic workers.

The protest, organized by a coalition of human rights groups and a local union, was to demand a dialog with company owners regarding the dismissals, which began in early December.

The Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action Committee says on its website that the firings are part of an immigration-related audit. Group member Nigel Arevalo says all the fired workers are Latino.

The workers call the firings unjustified, and some have alleged that Chipotle still owes them money or vacation pay. They are asking the company to tell them 'why' they were fired; asking for more time to help them find new jobs; and requesting pay, holiday time, and bonus money that is owed.

In a released statement a fired worker named Maria says "Latino workers have given Chipotle our labor and they've become a very well recognized restaurant thanks to us. Now they're stabbing us in the back and telling us they don't need us anymore."

Chipotle Communications Director Chris Arnold responed with his own written statement Wednesday afternoon. It reads:

"Chipotle is proud to have such a dedicated and diverse workforce and we are saddened to be losing some excellent employees, many of whom have been with us for several years, but all of this comes in response to a request for documents made by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials in Minnesota. While the laws in this area put employers in an untenable position - having to strike the difficult balance between enforcing immigration laws while not discriminating against any applicant - all of our policies and practices are and must be fully compliant with federal and state law."

"We are paying all employees any and all wages they are owed, including bonuses earned and any unused vacation time," Arnold continued, "and all employees whose status has been questioned by ICE are being provided with the opportunity to provide documentation to correct any administrative errors that may have been made."

ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer said earlier that the agency doesn't comment on specific audits and he could neither confirm nor deny whether Chipotle documents were being reviewed.

www.kare11.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What's next, universal E-Verify? Horrors!

And that poor restaurant chain, next thing you know they'll have Americans demanding better working conditions. Where will it stop?
    ************************************************** *************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

MINNEAPOLIS-- Dozens of former employees, their families and friends gathered in front of Chipotle in downtown Minneapolis Wednesday afternoon to protest the recent firings of nearly 100 hispanic workers.
    So much for living in the "shadows!" Every euphemism advanced in defense of these criminals is a LIE! These invaders are so emboldened, they now come out and protest this country and the enforcement of those very laws they are guilty of violating. Essentially, they are saying screw Americans and the jobs we steal from you because you don't matter! Only the raza matters! Unbelievable!

Where’s ICE?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please flood their inbox with thanks. If they see the American people support their decision to comply with the law and fire illegal workers, maybe they'll keep up the good work!

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/fan-antic ... to_us.aspx
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Banned
    Yet again we are racists and anit immigrant in their view. They always leave out the illegal immigrant part. Why would we be anti immigrant as every single one of us were immigrants at one time also including those who are termed "Native Americans". We all came from somewhere else.

Also whats so hard to understand about the law. Immigrants are required by FEDERAL LAW to carry their papers at all times NO EXCEPTION. I also know it wasn't a "provide your papers today" measure as they suggest but more of a "bring them in tomarrow or this week". Such like a a SS card or a certified birth certificate which all Citizens have, or a green card or current work visa if immigrant.

I hope that this resteraunt doesn't backtrack and back down. I also hope MN doesn't cave in as thats my state with the pathetic congressmen we have.

My little niece was fired from Chipolte's, she was forced out by illegals working there I say boycott them till they fold, plenty of American owned business' have been shut down by illegals I say we shut them down for knowingly hiring illegals "SCREW CHIPOLTE'S THEY SUCK!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12