Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

The US has sealed its borders with Canada and Mexico

"The United Stated has sealed its borders with Canada and Mexico"
    Posted by Joseph Racioppi September 09, 2007 7:46PM
    Categories: Policy Watch, Race & Immigration

Tuesday of course marks the sixth anniversary of the horrific Sept 11th attacks. A cousin of mine, Harvey Gardner, age 35, was in the North Tower that morning. He never made it out. His brother, Anthony Gardner, is a founding member of the Coalition of 911 Families.

I still have a videotape of that days news coverage. At some time during that day, on the bottom of the TV screen, appeared the phrase: "The United States has sealed its borders with Canada and Mexico". I don't know what that phrase means, or if anything was done to warrant it being put on TV, but I bet it sure made alot of people feel safer. It seems the most natural thing to do when a country is attacked, close the borders as best you can do prevent further carnage and mayhem.

I don't recall seeing any footage of National Guard or Army troops being transferred to the Canadian or Mexican borders. In fact, the only footage I've seen in the six years since the attacks is of illegal immigrants crossing over an unguarded border. You can see it almost every week on CNN's "Broken Borders" segment hosted by Lou Dobbs.

Dobbs has been called every name in the book for his position on border security/illegal immigration. Most of the people calling him racist, Nazi, etc... probably don't know Dobb's wife is of Mexican descent.

The Federal Government has failed us in what President Bush says is his most important function, the safety of the American people (unless of course, you think forcing "Democracy" on a country that did not attack us, nor was a threat to us, is making us safer).

It took four and a half years for border security to even become a serious topic of discussion. And only after intense pressure did President Bush order the deployment of an additional six thousand National Guard troops to the Southern border. Shouldn't this have been done on September 12th, 2001, if not before?

Bush obviously favors "open borders" as evidenced by his inaction on border security and his stance on illegal immigration. These critical topics have been shelved as this is an election year(s). Can't let national securtiy issues get in the way of politics. Congress is content to sit back, watch and do nothing until after the November, 2008 election?

A federal appeals court ruled August 31st that the Bush administration can go ahead with a pilot program to allow as many as 100 Mexican trucking companies to freely haul their cargo anywhere in the US for the next year. I'm sure all those trucks will be throughly inspected before their arrival on our roads.

Yes, Mr. President, I feel much safer now.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_joseph_racioppi/ ... led_i.html

I'm sure all those trucks will be throughly inspected before their arrival on our roads.
    You know the Mexican companies will roll their best trucks over the border now, during the beginning of the pilot project. But as time goes on -- and especially (hopefully not) if the pilot program is extended, the quality of both the Mexican trucks and drivers will diminish rapidly.

We have to squash this scheme now, even if we have to temporary ally with the amnesty-loving Teamsters.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I still have a videotape of that days news coverage. At some time during that day, on the bottom of the TV screen, appeared the phrase: "The United States has sealed its borders with Canada and Mexico".
    Come to think of it, I remember seeing or hearing that comment on 9/11/01 or 9/12/01 too!

I remember that it did make me feel a little better. I at least felt that something to help us was being done.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God forbid we ever get attacked again, but if we do, and they say that again, I know I won't believe a word they say. I really don't know if I'll ever really feel safe in my own Country anymore. Not until I actually see a wall or something up.
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!