Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

UT -Bill requiring license apps. to prove citizenship fails

Bill requiring license applicants to prove citizenship fails
    By Sheena Mcfarland

Posted: 03/03/2009 11:45:08 AM MST

A bill that would require applicants for a professional or business license to sign a sworn affidavit that they are U.S. citizens died in committee Tuesday.

HB262, sponsored by Rep. Stephen Sandstrom, R-Orem, would charge anyone who falsifies that information with perjury. The business community strongly opposed the measure.

"We do not know what impact this will have on state coffers," said Antonella Packard, who sits on the policy board of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce.

Ron Mortensen of the Utah Coalition on Illegal Immigration backed the bill, saying businesses owned by undocumented immigrants should not be allowed to compete against citizen-owned businesses.

The bill failed 7-5.

smcfarland@sltrib.com

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11826484?source=rss
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ron Mortensen of the Utah Coalition on Illegal Immigration backed the bill, saying businesses owned by undocumented immigrants should not be allowed to compete against citizen-owned businesses.
    Nightmares everywhere ICE, ICE, AND MORE ICE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Those who voted against this bill should be ashamed

Legal immigrants should be able to own businesses
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its just depressing that every piece of news we get is bad. Every state Gov and at the fed level are doing everything they can for illegal aliens. I just cant take it anymore. Our Gov SUCKS They are all traitors and should be delt as such. Why are Americans turning their backs on our country? We are no longer a sovereign nation. We Americans have given up our right to exist and have been defeated by Mexico and the far left Marxists. We will all be in the rice fields in no time unless we recognize that there has to be another way other than voting people into this corrupt Gov. USA 1776-2006. I use that date because thats when the Marxists took over the congress. I am not giving up however there is no hope in changing Gov with the vote. It wont happen that way. Some of you feel this is far fetched but just look at the facts. Wide open border , transferring the wealth of what they used to call a citizen to people that came here illegally, or I should say used to be illegal, Taxing the former citizen to pay for the welfare of the former illegal, force banks to give loans to these former illegals and force what used to be a citizen to pay for them when they default. The new trillion dollar stimulus package{yea right} has gov spending to create jobs and we are told by Obamas Robert Reich that white construction workers need not apply and that these jobs will be given out with social justice in mind. I could go on and on. Our country is gone and I just want to scream. Sorry to vent but I just cant take it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I didn't see where it is said that they shouldn't be able to own businesses? Did I miss something?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I'm still amazed an illegal immigrant can open a business to begin with.

Yes, legal immigrants should be able to open a business.....my only worry now with the climate we are in, that legal ones open a business and then staff them with illegals who are smuggled here. Guess they've had reports of alot of Chinese restaurants and such doing just that. Basicly being held hostage for work. I'm sure they aren't the only group doing things like that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I see your point Richard, the article must be screwed up since I believe the bill would require citizenship or a green card to get a business license.

Wouldn't be the first time a newspaper got it totally wrong.

Yep, here is the bill text:

LONG TITLE
    8 General Description:
    9 This bill requires applicants for various licenses to provide the licensing authority with
    10 documentation of their lawful presence in the United States.
    11 Highlighted Provisions:
    12 This bill:
    13 . requires an applicant for a business license issued by a municipality or a county to
    14 provide the municipality's or county's business licensing agency with documentation
    15 of the applicant's lawful presence in the United States; and
    16 . requires an applicant for a license issued by the Division of Occupational and
    17 Professional Licensing to provide the division with an affidavit stating that the
    18 applicant is a citizen or lawfully present in the United States.

Seems like the SLT "reporter" is engaging in some serious propagandizing.

ELE

Our Gov't sold us to Mexico

We can no longer trust or rely on our Government. Vote Republican at every turn so we can vote these Communist out of office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast