Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vigil held for alleged Mexican gang members taken in raids

My take: What????????...Deport them ALL now!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vigil held for alleged Mexican gang members taken in raids
    August 31, 2007 - Immigrant rights groups are holding a 24-hour prayer vigil to protest the arrests of 58 Mexican nationals.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=5622570

A crowd gathered outside the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office Thursday night in Waukegan. Some at the vigil are questioning why people who have already been through the legal system were targeted.

ICE agents arrested 58 Mexican nationals with alleged ties to violent street gangs in the northern and northwest suburbs this week in the largest local dragnet targeting foreign-born street gang members.

According to a release from ICE, these are the latest arrests under an ongoing national initiative called "Operation Community Shield," in which ICE partners with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies to address the threat of transnational street gangs.

The multi-agency operation targeted foreign national gang members and gang associates in the northern and northwest suburbs, including Waukegan, Mundelein and Round Lake, the release said. All of those arrested this week are Mexican men targeted for their affiliations with violent street gangs such as the Latin Kings, Sureño-13s and Latin Lovers, among others.

Of the 58 arrested, 37 are illegal aliens and 21 are U.S. permanent residents whose previous criminal convictions render them eligible for deportation. ICE agents in Chicago have made more than 275 arrests since the Operation Community Shield was established in February 2005.

The U.S. Marshals Great Lakes Fugitive Task Force, Lake County Sheriff's Department, and the Waukegan and Mundelein Police Departments assisted ICE in the enforcement effort, which began Sunday night and concluded Wednesday.

Among those arrested was Edgar Rodriguez-Tovar, a 23-year-old Sureño-13 member, apprehended Aug. 26 in Round Lake, the release said. He is an illegal alien from Mexico with prior convictions for aggravated discharge of a firearm and aggravated battery, the release said. He remains in ICE custody pending deportation to Mexico.

Also arrested was Mario Vargas-Hernandez at his Waukegan residence, the release said. The 34-year-old is a member of the Latin Kings with gang tattoos confirming his membership. He is illegal alien with a burglary conviction and numerous arrests for unlawfully using a weapon, possessing a firearm, battery and aggravated assault, the release said. He remains in ICE custody pending removal to Mexico.

Some of the crimes associated with the gang members arrested during this local operation include aggravated battery, possessing a controlled substance, armed violence, possessing a firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, drunken driving, mob action and burglary.

Six of those arrested had active warrants for their arrest and will be turned over to local authorities to face criminal charges before being transferred back to ICE for deportation. Three are being presented to the U.S. Attorney's Office for federal prosecution for re-entering the United States after having been deported, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A crowd gathered outside the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office Thursday night in Waukegan. Some at the vigil are questioning why people who have already been through the legal system were targeted.
    Huh? do these people know anything at all about laws and why those who broke into our country are classified as criminals?

The next time one of their crowds gather, ICE should be called and start checking names and status of these gatherers. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of these whiney sniveling invaders and their perpetually criminal family members.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

No offense, but these have got to be some of the dumbest protesters I've ever seen! Maybe we should let the protesters take in (house in their own homes and apartments) some of the gang members, and then we'll see if they're sympathetic to them.

Ostrich

I'm going to dye my hair later, I swear when I read these news stories my hair goes even grayer!

I am just amazed by the stupidity.

So let me get this straight, gang members, violent criminals, etcetera, should be free to keep on continuing doing the things they do the best?

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Man they are criminals!!!! That is our law working! Are they going to give a vigil to all them people that died to the hands of illegals? I doubt that one!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I wonder if this demonstration was paid for.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada