Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Virginia Rep's Muslim Immigration Warning Draws Fire

Virginia Rep's Muslim Immigration Warning Draws Fire From Islamic Groups

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237987,00.html

WASHINGTON — A Republican congressman from Virginia sent a letter to his constituents warning that a newly elected representative's decision to use the Koran in taking the oath of office poses a danger to the traditional "values and beliefs" of Americans, and that the U.S. is in danger of "being swamped" by a wave of Muslim immigration.

Rep. Virgil Goode made the comments in a letter sent earlier this month to hundreds of constituents who had written to him about Rep.-elect Keith Ellison of Minnesota, a Democrat and the first Muslim in Congress.

• Read Rep. Goode's Letter Warning About Muslim Immigration

Goode's letter brought angry responses from an Islamic civil rights group and another congressman.

"The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran," Goode wrote.

Goode said the U.S. needs to stop illegal immigration "totally" and reduce legal immigration.

"I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped," he wrote.

Ellison was born in Detroit and converted to Islam in college. He did not return telephone messages left Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Representative Bill Pascrell Jr., who represents a large Muslim population in New Jersey, wrote to Goode on Wednesday saying he was "greatly disappointed and in fact startled" by Goode's letter.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations called on Goode to apologize.

"Representative Goode's Islamophobic remarks send a message of intolerance that is unworthy of anyone elected to public office," CAIR's national legislative director, Corey Saylor, said Tuesday night. "There can be no reasonable defense for such bigotry."

Goode spokesman Linwood Duncan said Wednesday no apology was forthcoming.

"The only statement the congressman has is that he stands by the letter," Duncan said.

The letter was made public by John Cruickshank, who had received it after writing to Goode about environmental issues. Duncan said Goode's office sent the letter to Cruickshank by mistake.

• Read Rep. Goode's Letter Warning About Muslim Immigration

Text of Letter Sent by Virginia Rep. Goode to Constituents Warning of Muslim Immigration

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237990,00.html

WASHINGTON — Letter written by Rep. Virgil Goode (R-Va.) in response to constituents commenting on Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) using a Koran to take the oath of office:

Thank you for your recent communication.

When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand.

I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran.

We need to stop illegal immigration totally and reduce legal immigration and end the diversity visas policy pushed hard by President Clinton and allowing many persons from the Middle East to come to this country.

I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped.

The Ten Commandments and "In God We Trust" are on the wall in my office. A Muslim student came by the office and asked why I did not have anything on my wall about the Koran. My response was clear, "As long as I have the honor of representing the citizens of the 5th District of Virginia in the United States House of Representatives, The Koran is not going to be on the wall of my office." Thank you again for your email and thoughts.

Re: Virginia Rep's Muslim Immigration Warning Draws Fire

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    [b]The Council on American-Islamic Relations called on Goode to apologize.
    Apologize for for telling the truth? Give me a break!

Goode should apologize. He should say dear Mr Arab, I'm sorry you come from a crappy third world country/continent with a failed culture and a fake religion that promotes violence, racism, bigotry and intolerance toward non believers. I'm sorry that your fake religion treats women like dogs. I'm sorry that you came here to think that we are weak enough to allow you to come here, roll us over and turn America into the same Crapistan paradise you left behind. I'm sorry that your kind still lives in the stone age over in the Middle Least and continue to prove that you don't belong in a civilized society. I'm sorry that we have to keep sending our military over to your Crapistan to either save your a$$es from the dictators you put in power or to reign you in on your savage, barbaric, caveman behavior. I'm sorry that we give you the privilege to enter our great country with all these opportunities to succeed and you repay us with more anti american venom and hatred and continue to call for our death. I'm sorry that you pray to a fake god, sing the praises of a fake prophet who was a pedophile and a warmonger, and actually believe that your really getting 72 virgins when you blow yourselves up in the name of killing the infidel.

Does that cover it?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think you covered that dman1200....just fine...LOL
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I'm sorry that your fake religion treats women like dogs.

My dogs offended.

I can understand a Islamic Rep. wanting to use the Koran, over the Bible. He would believe the Bible is fiction. Other than that, the VA Rep. spoke the truth.

I called Goode's office to thank him for speaking the truth. An aid said most of the calls were negative.

If I could wave a magic wand and send all the illegals home OR we never get rid of the Islamic ones - legal or illegal. Poof, we would keep 11 million illegals ( just not the Islamic ones ). I guess I'm also not PC.

Excellent post dman. I think that pretty well sums it up.

I too treat my dogs better than they do their women.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My dogs offended.
    Sorry. I wanted to say something else, but rules of Alipac would forbid me from using such language.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn