Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WA: Senators look to delay new border crossing rules

Senators look to delay new border crossing rules

File photo
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
    YouNewsTV YouNewsTV™

Story Published: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM PST

Story Updated: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM PST
    By Associated Press
    WASHINGTON (AP) - Nineteen senators, including five from Washington, Idaho and Alaska, asked the Department of Homeland Security to delay new border-crossing rules.

The stiffer demands for identification that take effect on Thursday will mean longer lines for people entering the United States from Canada.

In a letter to DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff, the senators said commerce will be stifled and lives disrupted. Drivers will no longer be allowed to enter the United States by showing a driver's license and declaring their nationality.

Sen. Patty Murray says the change will frustrate citizens and won't provide any new security assurances. Idaho Sens. Larry Craig and Mike Crapo, and Alaska Sens. Ted Stevens and Lisa Murkowski also signed the letter.

A spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection says people who don't have the required paperwork on Thursday will be given a flyer explaining the new rules. It's unclear how long the grace period will last.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.katu.com/news/14774737.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nineteen senators, including five from Washington, Idaho and Alaska, asked the Department of Homeland Security to delay new border-crossing rules.
    One would wonder why Alaska give a whip about border crossing issues. I can tell you why. Illegals are working at the fisheries in Alaska. I have seen several ads in the job section of the El Paso Times and they advertise jobs for $6hr..plus room and board...I bet years ago fishermen were making really good money there because of the climate , but now the fisheries are in GREED mode and hiring many Illegals to do the work Americans won't do for those wages!

More proof that Illegals drive down wages in all sectors of employment!

Wow... the long hand of the illegals and their promoters reaches from "Sea to Shining Sea."

Why are these senators having a problem? If I want to take a animal from Shelby Montana thru Canada to Big Lake Alaska I MUST have the dog & cat checked by a vet and paperwork showing all shots are up to date and they are healthy. This must be within 30 days of travel and must keep paperwork available to show at boarder crossing both places. The law was passed in 2003 and when we retired in 2004 we got our passports because the law required it. Air travel was hit last year with the passport stipulation and everyone knew it was going into effect this year.

Why does congress pass laws against lay abiding U.S. Citizens and when it comes to possible inconvience of illegal aliens they just want to postpone the law. Something needs to be done with congress and their opposition to funding laws.

I will be emailing my senators to let them know what I think and the inconvience I have gone through with lack of knowledge of the laws between USA & Canada.

In June 2004 we had our Cockatoo bird with paperwork from a vet to cross and because we did not have a CITIES and notify the boarder of our crossing she was not allowed to travel. We were lucky to find a vet that would board her for the time we were in Alaska. The following year we got her paperwork to travel BUT we had to notify US Boarder 24 hours in advace when we would cross with her. She had to be inspected by a vet and yes it cost us again.

To get her paperwork we had to have as much documentation for her as a US citizen must have to get a passport. Go Figure

They wouldn't want to slow up the free movemont of goods and people though out America you know! Two of them our my Senators...GRRRRR

----------------------ACTION ALERT-------------------------

We need everyone to help Senator Sessions....
    just 8 calls and 8 e-mails but so important for our cause, lets show Sen. Sessions what alipacer's are made of!!
    Instructions and contact information (below link)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100207.html
    Submit a question for candidates!!"THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!
    WE NEED TO BRING IMMIGRATION BACK TO THE #1 ISSUE

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100382.html
    "Lou Dobbs for president campaign" need help here to!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99798.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Alaska State law on Commercial fishing:
    Sec. 16.05.905. Activities by aliens prohibited.
    (a) Alien persons not lawfully admitted to the United States are prohibited from engaging in commercial fishing activities or taking marine mammals in the territorial waters of the state as they presently exist or may be extended in the future.
    (b) An alien person who violates (a) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction is punishable by a confiscation and forfeiture of the fishing vessel used in the violation, or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by fine of not more than $10,000, or by all or any two of the foregoing punishments.