Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Doesn't this make you want to sing . . . .

"Happy Days Are Here Again"
    __The skies above are clear again
    ____So let's sing a song of cheer again
    ______Happy days are here again!

HOO AHH
    Remember when it was, United We stand... All for One... Don't Tread On Me... The We*People... The Alamo?*
    To all*Politicians,... SERVE the people, or the people will SERVE you.

Quote Originally Posted by Billiards
    Doesn't this make you want to sing . . . .

"Happy Days Are Here Again"
    __The skies above are clear again
    ____So let's sing a song of cheer again
    ______Happy days are here again!

HOO AHH
    Hi Billiards! I've been singing for 2 days now!!! Just tonight I was driving home around 8:30, and noticed there weren't as many people out walking or driving down Glen Flora. (a road by my house) This is usually a road that always has people out and about, especially it being so early in the evening. It was eerily quiet...I think they're getting the hint!

I hope Sosad and azwreath are right about ICE either taking ALL illegals, or at least coming back for them. As for our Mayor.....well, this was on the Chicago Public Radio website tonight...

Amid Raids, Waukegan Mayor Tells Immigrants Not to Fear

Federal raids in suburbs north of Chicago since Sunday have put dozens of immigrants behind bars. Chicago Public Radio’s Chip Mitchell reports.

The Lake County sheriff’s department has participated in the raids. Most of the detainees live in Waukegan. Mexico’s Chicago consulate says they include at least 25 Mexican nationals. It says some are legal permanent residents of the United States. Authorities took some detainees to Dodge County, Wisconsin.

Waukegan Mayor Richard Hyde says his city’s immigrants, even the undocumented, have no reason to fear.

HYDE: If an illegal immigrant obeys the law, he has no problem. The only time that he’s got a problem is when he starts breaking the law, and he gets caught and it’s a felony, then you have a problem.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement says the detainees posed threats to public safety. The agency says it won’t provide details until the operation ends.

I’m Chip Mitchell, Chicago Public Radio.

Producer: Chip Mitchell

Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2007

https://www.wbez.org/CityRoom_Story.aspx?storyID=12975
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Hey MIC, have you been watching WTTW's special reports on immigration? This was posted on our local website, I can't seem to find it online, but am still searching. Have you heard about this series?

Chicago Public Radio series "Chicago Matters: Beyond Borders" is coming to the suburbs this fall to report on immigration in the suburbs and the conflicts between the growing Hispanic population and the 'status quo' in these towns that's having a hard time dealing with changing demographics and the struggle to maintain political power.

SPOTLIGHT: Waukegan, IL

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Chicago Public Radio explores why Waukegan's Latino community has yet to achieve political representation in the city. Airing at: 7:20 a.m. during Morning Edition between 9-10 a.m.

On Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 7 pm WTTW channel 11 provides an overview of how the ongoing debate over immigration is dividing the town of Waukegan.

The Chicago Reporter will also provide special coverage in their Friday, September 07, 2007 issue. According to extensive research by The Chicago Reporter, most Mexicans immigrants would choose to come to the United States illegally because despite the difficulties of living "in the shadows" it is the least terrible of all the available options.

Last Updated ( Tuesday, 28 August 2007 )

Hey, I just got done doing an interview with Chip, from Chicago Public Radio!! He wanted information from a citizen's point of view, on how illegal immigration is effecting Waukegan. He also asked how I got involved, and what organizations I belong to. Of course, I mentioned Alipac in there!! Not sure when it will be broadcast, but I'll let you know!!

Doing all I can for Waukegan and my country!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlessUSA
    Hey, I just got done doing an interview with Chip, from Chicago Public Radio!! He wanted information from a citizen's point of view, on how illegal immigration is effecting Waukegan. He also asked how I got involved, and what organizations I belong to. Of course, I mentioned Alipac in there!! Not sure when it will be broadcast, but I'll let you know!!

Doing all I can for Waukegan and my country!!
    Cool, way to go "BlessUSA", thats the kind of exposure we need!!! let us know!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I hope they show the other side -the effects of illegal aliens in Waukegan. Thanks so much for talking with them. We don't need to hear more sob stories like how it was unfair that the woman whose husband was shot was then subsequently arrested because she had a false social security card..... Or the illegal alien who claimed profiling when he was stopped because he had warrants from not appearing from prior violations... Like: it just goes on. We keep hearing how unfair it is in Waukegan, yet they stay.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope they show the other side -the effects of illegal aliens in Waukegan. Thanks so much for talking with them. We don't need to hear more sob stories like how it was unfair that the woman whose husband was shot was then subsequently arrested because she had a false social security card..... Or the illegal alien who claimed profiling when he was stopped because he had warrants from not appearing from prior violations... Like: it just goes on. We keep hearing how unfair it is in Waukegan, yet they stay.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345