Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We Are All Potentially Enemy Combatants

We Are All Potentially Enemy Combatants

by John W. Whitehead
    by John W. Whitehead

DIGG THIS

“There ought to be limits to freedom.â€

Link

Here is the link for news story above

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/whitehead3.html

I love Our Constitition...I will protect my Country
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Yes, but....

Not so fast there. American citizens and legal residents do have the right to hear the charges against them, the right to an attorney, etc. This is true in civil law. This is not true in military law.

The problem as I see it is that Ali Saleh Kahlah Al-Marri should have been transfered to militarty custody. Remember that this is in the aftermath of 9/11 and that this guy was suspected of being an enemy.

I don't understand why this government has been so reluctant to charge persons suspect of treason with treason. I think that it is because of the media's campaign against the charge of treason since the Rosenburg executions. Don't forget though that the Rosenburgs were in fact guilty. We know this from the KGB's own files.

So, Al-Marri's detention may have violated civil law. That may be true, but he and others should have been charged with treason and transfered to military custody. Can you imagine the media outrage though if that had been done?
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!