Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Welfare Costs For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Rise L.A.

Welfare Costs For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Rise In Los Angeles

September 17, 2010
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

Several conservative politicians have recently voiced their opposition against amnesty for illegal immigrants, citing the draining effect it could have on the already-reeling economy.

The most populous county in the United States is feeling those financial pains, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Welfare payments to children of illegal immigrants in Los Angeles County increased to $52 million in July, a total that represents 23 percent of the county’s entire welfare and food stamp assistance, the news provider reported. Projections show that the aid toward children of illegal immigrants will exceed $600 million this year, approximately $30 million more than the county spent last year.

County Supervisor Michael Antonovich would like to see a decrease in assistance for the offspring of illegal immigrants.

"The supervisor is very concerned," said Tony Bell, a spokesman for Antonovich, quoted by the Times. "He believes we have an economic catastrophe on our hands."

Under the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, children born on American soil — even if their parents are illegal immigrants — are automatically granted citizenship. However, according to a recent poll that asked Americans about birthright citizenship, nearly half of those surveyed said they oppose it.

The Quinnipiac University poll reveals that 48 percent are against the policy, and 45 percent are in favor, quoted by The Associated Press.

http://tinyurl.com/27mf7ub
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's pass the DREAM Act and give them the key to the public entire trough.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Amazing these people get help but in todays news in my area there was an article of all the homeless veterans here and how they are looking for help.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Amazing these people get help but in todays news in my area there was an article of all the homeless veterans here and how they are looking for help.
    I am SOOOOOO P.O. anytime I hear about a Veteran being ran into the ground and CRIMINALS being rewarded by CORRUPT POLITICIANS

Kick them OUT .. they NO Longer have our consent to Govern

and Heaven Help them if they try to RULE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Im right there with you airbornesapper....No Veteran should ever go without! And no illegal invader should be allowed to take money from our country either! These numbers are staggering....Just recently we've been hearing that LA area is concerned with how much money illegal immigrants are costing them....Wasn't it not so long ago that LA was boycotting Arizona for their law? I wonder how long it will be before they finally realize Arizona was RIGHT!