Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wendy’s Fired Illegal Workers, For Shame

Wendy’s Fired Illegal Workers, For Shame

Ken Hughes
    October 8, 2006

A group of illegal immigrants form Huston and Dallas Texas are suing Wendy’s International for unspecified damages because the company fired them for them not following through in joining a federally mandated program allowing them the right to work in the United States. The program is designed to assist illegals in gaining legal status before deportation and they didn’t show up.

Their claim is the Law firm of Boyar & Miller dropped the ball in 2001 by not filing the paperwork on time that would earn the illegals citizenship. How important was America citizenship to these 40 odd illegals if they didn’t follow up on their request in five years. Why Wendy is to blame I don’t understand, without the proper documents Wendy’s was required by law to dismiss the illegals, Wendy’s followed the law why are they being held accountable?

There’re some very serious issues here both moral and constitutional. First why would the courts entertain such a law suit when the complainants have no constitutional standing to bring the charges? Second why would any respectable law firm take a case with no legal basis for the complaints? Wendy’s obviously followed the law in firing the perpetrators, [working without proper documentation.] With Wendy’s help the illegals took the first step toward legalization but failed to take any additional steps. This alone should disqualify them for citizenship. Immigrants should be aggressive in perusing American citizenship otherwise we don’t need or want them.

I’ve long been an advocate for a stringent guest worker program this is a case where my point’s been made. With the proper guest worker program in force this type of law suit would be mute.

Many who read about this law suit will immediately blame the illegals for taking advantage of America’s generosity. Before anyone climbs on that band wagon ask yourselves a few important questions. What illegal immigrant working at Wendy’s has the capability of orchestrating a class action law suit? This is more than likely something one of those Hispanic / Americas originations who blame Columbus for bringing civilization to the New World would be the masters of. They came up with and use illegals as fodder to feed their cause. Again this is another reason for a legitimist guest worker program to keep the militants from praying on the illegal immigrant’s worst fears deportation. La Rasa doesn’t give a dam about the plight of the illegal immigrant until they can use and abuse them.

Do the math there are roughly 7 million unemployed Americans in the available work force, [4.6%], there’s an estimated 20 million illegal workers, deport all the illegals then force the 7 millions Americans to take a job and there would still be 13 million jobs unfilled. Another reason for a well regulated guest worker program. We only have ourselves to blame if illegal immigration has gotten out of hand there’s a way to control it without a wall.

Shoot all the Immigration Lawyers, hang all the Immigration Judges and pass a guest worker program that has teeth.

How is it possible to have that Great Lady [The Statue of Liberty] in New York harbor beckoning immigrants to “Come On In” and have a wall on our southern border saying “Stay The Hell Out” is that a message we want to send around the world. One or the other should go, you decide.

America is a nation of immigrants millions came in the early 20th century most without papers, [proper documents] they were herded trough Ellis Island like hogs to slaughter. Nothing is said about immigrants today that hasn’t been said for the past 225 years. America is a beacon of hope and inspiration to the world do we really want to extinguish that hope by walling our selves in? It’s the 21st century the color of ones skin or the God he / she prays to should never be the criteria we judge them by. It’s enough to have to worry about the hatred and murder in the hearts of some who would destroy us, there lays the problem it’s not with a few hungry workers looking for a way out of poverty and a better life. Our threat comes from culturally deprived militants with no soles we should be worrying about them.

For all those Americans who insist on “America for Americans” let me remind you it wasn’t that many generations ago it was your ancestor’s who couldn’t speak English and who were those dirty [take your pick] immigrants cluttering up the Lilly White Society. The Mayflower generation their children, grandchildren and following generations yet to be born will undoubtedly hold the same views, we stole it from the Indians fair and square it’s ours and we won’t share it.

Tolerance, tolerance, tolerance say’eth the Lord, He / She probably didn’t say it exactly that way but should have.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articl ... leID=14466
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Another bleeding heart.....trying to put us on a guilt trip for being an American.....sheez!

You can't possibly tell me that Wendy's couldn't find 40 legal workers in all of Houston or Dallas!!??? I guess the greed is just too overwhelming. I bet they regret it now!