Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What if McCain named Fred as his VP?

What if McCain named Fred as his VP?
    posted at 4:03 pm on January 21, 2008 by Allahpundit

A follow-up to Bryan’s post yesterday. Note well the results of Ruffini’s poll: Fred’s continued presence in the race is killing Romney, especially in Florida where he’s got double digits banked but probably won’t do better than fourth or fifth. If Huckabee was still a threat to win it’d be worth having Thompson around to take votes from him too, but he isn’t so it isn’t. All Huck is now is a stalking horse for McCain, lingering on to bleed social con votes from Mitt; if Fred stays in he’s playing the same part, a ball and chain on Romney’s other ankle in the first primary where Maverick can’t rely on Democrats and independents to push him through. Some Fredheads are fantasizing about him trudging along in hopes of a brokered convention, where he’d end up being the compromise candidate. So a guy who not only couldn’t win a primary but couldn’t do better than third place and the mid-teens even in the south is going to be The Man in November? Sounds like a plan.

The Politico piece linked above speculates that McCain may promise the VP slot to Huckabee to stay in but he’s got enough problems with conservatives that he can’t afford another “centristâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

His supporters

Fred's supporters would be ticked off.

I saw a man from Politicol.com on Fox News this morning with the same above scenerio, except he said McCain/Huckabee. He mentioned Huckabee's speech after the SC primary, wherein Huckabee praised McCain, but did not mention Romney. He said Huckabee might be trying for a cabinet postion or the VP slot in McCain's administration. He said none of the GOP candidates like Romney because he has a lot of money and in the beginning he dissed all of them.

Too true

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    I saw a man from Politicol.com on Fox News this morning with the same above scenerio, except he said McCain/Huckabee. He mentioned Huckabee's speech after the SC primary, wherein Huckabee praised McCain, but did not mention Romney. He said Huckabee might be trying for a cabinet postion or the VP slot in McCain's administration. He said none of the GOP candidates like Romney because he has a lot of money and in the beginning he dissed all of them.
    I also think this is a possibility.

No, I'll never vote for McCain no matter who his VP is 41.6% 256

Yes, although I'd vote for McCain over a Democrat regardless 35.9% 221

Yes, it'd keep me from staying home or voting Democrat 15.6% 96

No, Fred does nothing for me 6.8% 42

total votes: 615

NO VOTE FOR MCLAME ...no matter who is VP is!!!!!!!!!!

I would never vote for McCain! The amnesty he tried to push through did it for me. I will never trust this guy, EVER!

I will lay odds that his running mate will be Lindsey Graham if he gets the nomination.