Only in liberal America, could a foreign flag be flown over the upside down flag of a host nation.
The best compliment on the greatness of our country is the amount of immigrants that flock to our country. They know that because of our founding documents and our belief in Capitalism, that they have the best chance for success in our country rather than their own.

For 400 years, immigrants have braved immense obstacles to make the journey to the new world to make a better life. That risk taking and a desire to better oneself is what has made our country great.

Today, when we think of immigration, we think of only Mexico, but tens of thousands from other nations all over the world still come to the land of opportunity to better themselves.

The difference is that some immigrants do it the right way and others thumb their noses at our laws and laugh at our compassion that allows them to get away with illegal entrance into our country.

I try my best to listen to those with opposing viewpoints, and in many ways I applaud their concern and love for human rights, but I am also a firm believer in obeying the law.

Some of my friends, who are also minorities and are liberals, can’t seem to understand why I, as a Hispanic, have a problem with illegal immigration and illegal aliens.

I have no problem with immigrants, they are what have made and make our country great.

What I do have a problem with is illegal activity.

Entering MY country and exploiting my MY taxes without the proper paperwork, I take great offense to.

As an ambitious young man, who wants to help my family achieve greatness, I can understand why many take the risk of entering our nation illegally. They come here to work hard and support their families back home, and for decades, Americans have looked the other way, benefiting from the labor they bring.

Some don’t bring benefit to our nation though, in fact, some illegals now enter our nation to do us harm, through drugs, terrorism, etc, and they don’t have any right to be here.

Many readers might be thinking of commenting about my family’s residence in this country.

One Family's Story

On the Hispanic side of my family, we came to this country through legal means. My grandfather at a young age came to this great nation the proper way. Not only did he come to this nation to seek a better life, he came here to become an American.

As an American, he fought in WWII and earned a purple heart; he earned his citizenship by giving back to the country that gave him so much.

Through his legal entrance into this country, his kids and grandkids have strengthened America through military service, advanced degrees and businesses.

Millions of other families have similar stories of how their families came to America to find greatness and add to her greatness.

The issues at hand

Today, however, millions live here illegally, many of which taking without giving back. Many don’t pay income tax, because they're paid in case; they don’t obey our laws, and nether do their exploiting employers. I will mention though, since so many have pointed it out to me, at least through the purchasing of goods, illegals do pay sales tax.

Can you imagine as a foreigner going to France, South Africa or Israel illegally? They would know right away that you are a foreigner and the first questions their authority figures would ask you is, “Where are your papers?".

Any sovereign nation in the world has a right to ask you why you are here and if you took the proper steps to be in their country.

What is wrong with Americans asking individuals where their papers are?

Not a darn thing.

Liberals love to put themselves in the shoes of the poor and the downtrodden and that is noble of them. But I ask you this; put yourselves in the shoes of American citizens that have to deal with illegal immigration everyday.

Why should Border States have to put up with the unjust burden of supporting people who have no right to be here?

I find it hilarious that individuals in San Francisco condemn the actions of a border state, Arizona. If San Francisco were on the border and faced the consequences of people breaking into our nation, they might think differently.

Recently, protestors in Chicago were at Wrigley Field, because the Cubs are hosted the Arizona Diamondbacks.

What does a pro baseball team have to do with the issue? Of course, the protestors are just using the opportunity to get media attention.

Arizona has done nothing wrong with this new legislation. Any person in this country, whether a citizen or illegal immigrant, when stopped by law enforcement, is asked for identification; what's the big deal? If I have to prove who I am, why shouldn’t someone else? What makes them so special and above the law?

Heck, I am fine with racial profiling in secure areas, such as airports, borders etc. Israel uses it everyday and it keeps them safe. The Arizona law, however, actually condemns racial profiling by police.

Illegals in our country have no rights as an American citizen and therefore are not afforded the civil rights that we are blessed with, so stop asking for them. It's the same argument used with terrorists at military bases. Though they might be on American soil, they don't have American rights.

The Solution

The only way we will ever stop the never ending wave of illegal immigration is to help those nations’ economies. When your country’s economy is good and jobs are plentiful, there is no need to leave.

Illegal immigration hurts both America and the nations that lose those individuals. It can be stated with great certainty that those entering America illegally are some of the most ambitious and talented individuals of their home nation.
Instead of adding to their native country’s economy, they are depriving it of their talent and services.

Illegal immigration can be looked at as a form of brain drain. Once individuals are educated enough, or have enough capital to escape to America, they leave, thereby lowering the ability of their nation to flourish.

By ending the ease of illegally entering our country, we will strengthen our neighboring country’s economy. A strong and prosperous Mexico will end illegal immigration.
http://www.examiner.com/x-27908-Chicago ... mmigration