Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What Trump's Border Wall May Look Like: Here Are The Proposed Designs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In the public sphere, most people are impressed by spectacle. If political leaders are in an uphill battle against a contemptuous or easily provoked public I think it's good to avoid spectacle---they will want to mock it, criticize it, scorn it. People are more respectful of technological wizardry and professional skill. I think DHS can easily implement those kinds of things, which is why I put up the news article on the Israeli invented surveillance technology. Yes, Israel employs physical barriers, but they also reply on sophisticated electronic monitoring and in their intense situation they really need both. They are also experts in providing military defense without too much financial risk. Called "ingenuity" which is what we're supposed to have. I believe that the DHS and US DOJ can enact plenty of policy reforms, and this may prove to be an even bigger return on investment. These policies can can have the effect of deterrence, which is even more valuable than simple protection.

And unless Congress acts decisively, which is probably not going to happen for awhile, there are US industries that are still vitally dependent upon illegal labor. Yes we know that illegals have diversified into numerous industries, many of which I could care less about. But I think the agricultural industries are vital.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And don't forget the illegal drug trade that must have its easy access to bring the drugs in and haul the money out.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123