Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WHAT'S DICK DURBIN UP TO?

(quote)

What’s Dick Durbin up to?

By Michelle Malkin • July 17, 2007 10:46 AM

The DREAM Act, which would allow illegal alien students to get special in-state college tuition discounts not available to native-born and naturalized American students, has been resurrected by the Dems. You’ll remember it was a piece of the failed shamnesty bill in the Senate. As I noted during the debate, the Dream Act would repeal a clearly worded provision in the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) that states:

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State (or a political subdivision) for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit (in no less an amount, duration, and scope) without regard to whether the citizen or national is such a resident.

Ten states defied that federal law and offered in-state tuition to illegal aliens: California, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Washington. The last time the DREAM Act champions tried to tack their scheme onto a larger immigration proposal, they snuck in language that would absolve those ten states of their law-breaking by repealing the 1996 law retroactively–and also offered a special path to green cards and citizenship for illegal alien students.
    See also Kris Kobach’s analysis.

Now, Dick Durbin has announced he will stick the DREAM Act into the Senate version of the House Defense Bill HR1585. The lowdown is here. Durbin’s amendment would also welcome large numbers of illegal aliens into the military (you know, in addition to those the Pentagon has already allowed in).
    The open-borders lobby couldn’t get shamnesty “comprehensively,â€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called my Senators last night and let them know that I'm against the Dream Act because it is giving special privilages to foreign nationals and it's unfair to Americans going to school from out of state.

Illegal aliens should be paying the internation tuition rate. If they don't like it, then leave. I don't care how long they have been here illegally! They should be thanking America for the free public education they received but that's not good enough. They want more!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(quote)

Illegal Immigration Alert: It’s BAAAAACK!

Cross posted from Common Sense America

What do our elected officials do when they don’t get their way on the issue of amnesty for illegal aliens? They simply piecemeal the amnesty bill and try to sneak it into other bills. They think we won’t notice.

Yeah, right!

This week, The Dream Act will rear its ugly head as Senator Dick Durbin tries to insert it into our Defense Authorization Bill. On Friday, Durbin stated:

What I tried to do several years ago was to write a law to take into consideration these young people. It is called the DREAM Act. The DREAM Act was a part of this comprehensive immigration reform bill. Here is what it says: If you came to the United States before the age of 16, if you have lived in this country for at least 5 years, if you graduate from high school, and then if you will complete either 2 years of college or 2 years of service in the military, we will give you an opportunity for legal status in America.

Durbin announced that he would be offering the Dream Act as an amendment this week:

On the floor of the Senate, when we return next week, we will resume consideration of the Defense authorization bill. It turns out that many in the Department of Defense believe, as I do, that the DREAM Act is an important part of making certain we have talented young men and women ready to serve in our military. I have spoken to people at the Department of Defense who support the idea of the DREAM Act. I think we ought to include it in the Defense authorization bill. I hope to have that opportunity. [snip]

I hope when we return to the Defense authorization bill we can make the DREAM Act part of that bill. Certainly, it is going to help our defense and help our military. I think it is going to help America even beyond that. [snip]

Mr. President, as I said, I rise to speak about legislation known as the DREAM Act, which I hope to offer as an amendment to the Defense authorization bill.

And Durbin goes on to say how much Americans need these illegal aliens - our military will crumble without them, ahem, well, at least according to Durbin:

Some people might ask why the Senate should revisit immigration again and whether an immigration amendment should be included in the Defense authorization bill. The answer is simple: The DREAM Act would address a very serious recruitment crisis that faces our military.

Under the DREAM Act, tens of thousands of well-qualified potential recruits would become eligible for military service for the first time. They are eager to serve in the Armed Forces during a time of war. And under the DREAM Act they would have a very strong incentive to enlist because it would give them a path to permanent legal status.

Trying to hide amnesty for illegal aliens in the Defense Authorization bill by pretending that it is necessary for our Department of Defense and our military is a bunch of hooey and we all know it.

And, of course, Durbin then goes into a chorus of “they are only here to do the job that Americans won’t doâ€
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I've seen quite a few threads about several different items being snuck into bills, but NO EFFORT TO STOP ANY OF THEM. Why isn't Alipac and Numbers going all out to stop them?

Just goes to show what a bunch of crooks we have in our federal government. We need to get rid of all of them and start over. Guess it would be kinda' hard to impeach the entire federal government!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Hi NCByrd, we are trying to locate all of the little fires, and stay on top of them. Please help in calling, faxing and/or emailing senators, etc. to say NO to the Dream Act, alone or stuck inside of a bill.

Any other little fires can be attacked, but it is up to each of us to do something to contact our Senators and Representatives.

The BASIC message remains the same, NO BENEFITS to those who have broken our laws. Illegal Aliens are receiving benefits and freebies that Ameican citizens do not receive and we are paying for these handouts to them.

Psalm 32

NCByrd

Alipac is just a means for a group of concerned citizens getting together, sharing alerts and each one of us doing our part in putting out these fires, by calling, faxing and writing our Representatives and helping out in other Cities, Towns or States where we can.

It is not one person or small group doing all of the work by themselves.

Please help and everyone do their share when an alert is given, or if you stumble on one yourself. It took many of us years alerting our fellow citizens just exactly what was going on. Getting them involved and showing what the might of the American people working together can do.

We can not rest on out laurels, the last few victories have been sweet, but that is not the end of it. It is just the beginning.

They have been at it for years while most of the public have been sleeping, thinking their Government could do no wrong.

Now that more of the people are awake, we must be ever vigilant and alert others to help and keep watch.

They are not giving up, but neither are we.