Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Where is Homeland Security?

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    More illegals made land. Police are chasing some in Sunny Isles Beach. The Coast Guard has a helicopter up. This is going down as I am typing it. Came on a 27 ft boat. They are black and I am guessing that they are Haitian. I wish I had a way to allow people to hear this. Sounds like 8 or 9 made it. An officer got one already. Will keep you posted. The Coast Guard out of Fort Lauderdale claimed there were 5. So far they got 2.
    If they are Haitians, they dont qualify like Cubans do if they touch land, do they?
    I thought they just had a drill with over 85 agencies to prepare them for a massive invasion. What good did that do?

First of all the Haitians are immediately taken to a detention center by ICE or Border Patrol. They do not qualify as the Cubans. In fact the Haitians have it all lot worse off than Cubans do at this time. In fact when the Cubans make land they just make sure that they get seen and often relatives know when they arrive and show up to greet them. They know where and when the relative(s) arrive as they often pay smugglers in go fast boats. Those days of the homemade rafts that were so unique are almost gone.
    As for the 41 Cubans who made land during the exercises that occurred wednesday and thursday during that training for law enforcement and Coast Guard etc. that was reported in the Sun Sentinel and I posted it once it came out. Two groups came to the park in my district one group of 20 that were part of the exercise and another group who where real.
    The exercise that was done is mostly preparing for a large exodus of Cubans after they report that Fidel Castro died. I think that is why these boats with a small amount of people are getting through as well as the fact the Coast Guard has many veseels that are being repaired as they are unsafe. My whole take on this thing is that Cubans are bringing their relatives over now as they are well aware that they most likely loose that wetfoot/dryfoot policy once Castro dies. They are not going to risk it in major migrations either as they would stand out like sore thumbs. In fact there seems to be an increase in the attempts and successes they have.
    I feel that the wetfoot/dryfoot policy should have been revoked after Fidel handed over powere as that way the Cubans here would have had no early warning and thereby rushing to bring there relatives over. I find it so unfair to others who want to bring in immediate family members and have to wait 5 to 7 years to do. Currently any immigration lawyer will tell you that it would be quickest to get your citizenship and then bring your child or parent(s) over and that does take 5 years of residence to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12