Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: White House Still Reviewing DACA, Won’t Rule Out Legal Status For Illegals

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JoJ

White House Still Reviewing DACA, Won’t Rule Out Legal Status For Illegals

White House Still Reviewing DACA, Won’t Rule Out Legal Status For Illegals

Alex Pfeiffer

WASHINGTON — The White House will not rule out giving legal status to illegal immigrants protected by Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

The program started by former President Barack Obama in 2012 protects around 790,000 illegal immigrants who arrived in the U.S. as minors. DACA protects beneficiaries from deportation and allows them to work. It does not, however, give the recipients legal status — it is instead a form of prosecutorial discretion.

As a presidential candidate, Trump said that he would “immediately terminate” the program, but United States Citizenship and Immigration Services continues to process applications. In Trump’s first few months in office an estimated 98,000 illegal immigrants either signed up for DACA or renewed their status.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that the administration continues to conduct a review of DACA along with other immigration policies. The Daily Caller asked White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Thursday if legal status to DACA beneficiaries is an option on the table as the White House conducts its review of the program.

“As of right now, that’s still under review and I don’t have any announcements on the specifics of the program at this time,” Sanders replied.

TheDC followed-up in an email and asked whether the White House can rule out giving amnesty to these 790,000 or so illegal immigrants. White House spokesman Michael Short replied, “No final determination has been made and I’d refer you to the President’s public comments on the topic.”

The president’s comments as a candidate where strongly in favor of ending the program, as he called it “illegal.” However, while in office, he has said that DACA beneficiaries should feel at ease.
    Trump told the Associated Press in April that these illegal immigrants should “rest easy,” and that his administration “is not after the Dreamers, we are after the criminals.” This stance has earned President Trump criticism from supporters such as Republican Iowa Rep. Steve King.

King told TheDC in April that he was “disappointed” about Trump’s stance on DACA and suggested that “defenders of the Constitution” may need to sue the president.

Article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/22/wh...-for-illegals/

NO PATH TO STAY

YOU LIED TO US BEFORE WITH AMNESTY...AND THEY POUR OVER THE BORDER!

BUILD THE WALL...DEPORT THEM ALL IS OUR BATTLE CRY
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    The president’s comments as a candidate where strongly in favor of ending the program, as he called it “illegal.” However, while in office, he has said that DACA beneficiaries should feel at ease.
    Trump told the Associated Press in April that these illegal immigrants should “rest easy,” and that his administration “is not after the Dreamers, we are after the criminals.” This stance has earned President Trump criticism from supporters such as Republican Iowa Rep. Steve King.

King told TheDC in April that he was “disappointed” about Trump’s stance on DACA and suggested that “defenders of the Constitution” may need to sue the president.
    I share Rep. King's disappointment in Trump and his continued support of a program he called unconstitutional and illegal during his campaign. Making false promises just to get elected is wrong, wrong, wrong!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just to make sure the record doesn't get blurred, President Trump has had Secretary Kelly with the approval of the US DOJ to revoke the entirety of Obama's November 14, 2014 Memorandum that was challenged in court by 26 States as unconstitutional. This 2014 Memorandum added DAPA to the deferred status program along with millions of DACA's under the Memo's DACA Expansion program as well as renewed the program and the 2 year work permits to 3 years. That has all been rescinded, revoked, ended and terminated.

What remains of DACA is the 2012 DACA that was not legally challenged in the courts but was ordered to remain in force and effect during the Texas led 26 State Lawsuit over the 2014 Memo creating DACA Expansion and DAPA. The lawsuit is scheduled to be dismissed by the courts on or before the end of this month.

We'll see what happens after that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Just to make sure the record doesn't get blurred, President Trump has had Secretary Kelly with the approval of the US DOJ to revoke the entirety of Obama's November 14, 2014 Memorandum that was challenged in court by 26 States as unconstitutional. This 2014 Memorandum added DAPA to the deferred status program along with millions of DACA's under the Memo's DACA Expansion program as well as renewed the program and the 2 year work permits to 3 years. That has all been rescinded, revoked, ended and terminated.

What remains of DACA is the 2012 DACA that was not legally challenged in the courts but was ordered to remain in force and effect during the Texas led 26 State Lawsuit over the 2014 Memo creating DACA Expansion and DAPA. The lawsuit is scheduled to be dismissed by the courts on or before the end of this month.

We'll see what happens after that.
    Yada, yada, yada. DAPA and the DACA extension are red herrings. The programs were already halted by the courts. It's Obama's original DACA that is at issue here. Trump or Secretary Kelly could end DACA this very minute if they so chose. Trump has no desire to end DACA and has said as much repeatedly.

Well, of course that wasn't what he was saying during his campaign. However, his position has changed since acquiring the presidency. In my neck of the woods that is called breaking a promise!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I realize the issue we have left is the original 2012 DACA. I just told you that. I also told you that program is under a Federal Court Order to remain in effect until resolution or dismissal of the Texas Lawsuit. I can't help you if you don't understand what that means.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I realize the issue we have left is the original 2012 DACA. I just told you that. I also told you that program is under a Federal Court Order to remain in effect until resolution or dismissal of the Texas Lawsuit. I can't help you if you don't understand what that means.
    I'm still telling you that you are wrong on this. Trump or Kelly can end DACA anytime they want. DACA is not a lawful program that was passed by the U.S. Congress. No judge has legal authority over a memorandum written by Obama's Secretary of DHS.

LOL!!! Ooh boy. Like I said, I can't help you, MW.

MW
    LOL!!! Ooh boy. Like I said, I can't help you, MW.
    If Trump couldn't end DACA I would have seen evidence of that in at least one of the many articles I've read on the program over the last month. Continuing DACA is all on Trump and to continue covering for him is senseless in my opinion. All I can say at this point is, show us your evidence that states Trump can't end DACA. Oh, and showing me an obsolete court order that really doesn't carry weight on this specific issue is not proof.

Trump has broken his campaign promise to end DACA immediately upon his election win as President of the United States. Everything I have read on the issue makes it clear that Trump or Secretary Kelly could end the program immediately if Trump wanted it that way.

You could have learned it by reading Judge Hanen's Court Ruling in the Texas lawsuit. You could have also learned it by reading my posts on the subject since February, along with the links I posted. In any event, just 7 days to go.

Then, we'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast