Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Who You Gonna Believe...?

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/17423.html

by David Tatosian
    Who You Gonna Believe...?
    August 21, 2006 10:42 AM EST

Arriving a tad early to her "One-on-One" Town Hall Meeting, Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky assured the roomful of constituents in the Des Plaines Public Library (Des Plaines, IL) that she was there to answer questions. So with the formalities out of the way, the Representative proceeded to call on her first constituent.

The first question addressed the horrors of global warming and drilling for oil in Alaska. Rep. Schakowsky reminded us of her sound record on the environment and pointed out the flagrant disregard Republicans exhibited concerning environmental issues. She suggested we see Mr. Gore's movie.

The second attendee asked two questions: First, If someone enters your house uninvited, is it a crime? After some consideration, Rep. Schakowsky granted that that situation might be construed as trespassing. Second: Do you support a moratorium on the deportation of illegal immigrants? to which Mrs. Schakowsky emphatically answered "Yes."

The questioner wanted to know the whys and wherefores of her reasoning, but the good congresswoman mumbled something about the 'Day Without Mexicans' movie and moved to the next questioner: What is Congress doing about the nightmare of global warming?

Rep. Schakowsky listed the Democratic party's efforts to fund alternative fuel source research and development, a commitment to reduce our dependence on unstable oil producing regions, the lack of Republican response to environmental imperatives, obscene oil profits and whatever hope there might be in a duly elected Democratic majority committed to the elimination of global warming.

The next inquirer mentioned a news account of an older American citizen, a veteran, who had undergone emergency surgery costing money that he didn't have. According to the story, the man subsequently lost his house to his medical bills while an illegal immigrant in the same hospital received treatment, free of charge, totaling twice the veteran's amount. Why, wondered the inquirer, would an American citizen be forced to pay such an extreme price while an illegal immigrant paid nothing? Why are illegal immigrants treated better than American citizens?

The room burst into applause.

The Patriot Corporations of America Act of 2006, legislation co-sponsored and introduced by Rep. Schakowsky June of this year that would create a new class of companies committed to uphold the dignity and prosperity of American workers was brought up. The questioner asked how Mrs. Schakowsky's support of that legislation squared with her support of a moratorium on the deportation of illegal immigrant workers.

A grandfather worried that there would be no America left for his grandchildren.

Another insisted America had the right to secure its own borders. The room applauded.

One more suggested if the illegal immigrants were gone there would be more work. The room applauded.

As the hour and a half passed, Mrs. Schakowsky took on a look of stunned disbelief that would have been funny if it hadn't so clearly illustrated the profound disconnection between our representatives and their own constituents.

And certainly, as an elected official publicly committed to a moratorium on deportation, she must have been a little unnerved at the outbursts of approval that accompanied the very mention of deportation.

The morning after Rep. Schakowsky's unpleasant brush with reality, Elvira Arellano, having been granted immunity from American immigration laws by the illegal alien activists at St. Adalbert United Methodist Church in Chicago, held a press conference.

In front of a chanting handful and a gaggle of news cameras, Dolores Huerta, cofounder of the UFW stated, "We cannot allow our children to be second-class citizens, so I want to thank Elvira because this is a struggle not just for her and her son Saul, she is doing this on behalf of the three million children in the United States who are citizens of the United States and whose parents face deportation every single day because they do not have the documents. This is a moral outrage, it's a moral outrage."

Miss Huerta called for all churches to offer sanctuary to illegal immigrants because this movement of sanctuary needs to spread throughout the United States of America and we're going to ask our congressmen to pass a law that would protect our citizen-children of the United States whose parents are undocumented so that their parents will not face deportation and they will not be deprived of their future."

Another activist stated, "Children born in the US are citizens under the 14th amendment. That is the law. That is the supreme law of the US."

The statement is correct.

I support the deportation of illegal aliens, despite the opposition of pro-illegal alien activists, from President Bush to your local MS 13 members, but pulling children from the arms of their criminal parents en masse is not a process I particularly want my government to engage in.

The illegals, waving their children like a bloody shirt while once again taking advantage of our compassion and humanity, may have won this round too.

The town of Hazelton Pa., which recently passed a number of anti-illegal alien statutes, has claimed that the illegals are leaving in large numbers. While it's unlikely that those illegals have returned to their respective countries of origin, the statutes have had their desired effect in that the illegals are no longer in Hazelton.

Which is great for Hazelton. They deserve to live in their own country without being subjected to the ill effects of a large body of hostile illegal alien foreign nationals.

But where are those hostiles headed?

Will breathless media types soon subject us to heartbreaking stories of "Refugees In America" featuring carloads of Latin American bedouins encamped at rest areas and exit ramps throughout the country?

Will those unjustly displaced and angry illegal aliens be headed for a sanctuary city near you?

And when tough talking politicians once again issue sound bites instead of decent legislation, will the faithful remain so and reward those politicians with reelection?

Is, say, a Denny Hastert, who has prevented Congress from fulfilling its duty to address illegal immigration, an issue that grows worse by the day, worthy of support or reelection?

Well, who you gonna believe, good old Denny or your lyin' eyes?

Sources:

http://www.theorator.com/bills109/hr5699.html

http://www.house.gov/schakowsky/PressRe ... orpPC.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_NUZpUKDDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raafh8LSKAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRmS4mHbvaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEvMnAvKzk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbsPEctpdEk
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The next inquirer mentioned a news account of an older American citizen, a veteran, who had undergone emergency surgery costing money that he didn't have. According to the story, the man subsequently lost his house to his medical bills while an illegal immigrant in the same hospital received treatment, free of charge, totaling twice the veteran's amount. Why, wondered the inquirer, would an American citizen be forced to pay such an extreme price while an illegal immigrant paid nothing? Why are illegal immigrants treated better than American citizens?

My favorite part. Outrageous!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Another democrat supporting illegal immigration.

I wish she'd commented on it. I'd have loved to see what she said.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Another activist stated, "Children born in the US are citizens under the 14th amendment. That is the law. That is the supreme law of the US."

The statement is correct.
    Is this correct? I was thinking that it is still subject to interpretation? Anybody know the score?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is this correct? I was thinking that it is still subject to interpretation? Anybody know the score?
    It is correct but that doesn't mean it can't be challenged. From what I've been reading it sounds very susceptible to being overturned or reinterpreted. However I am no lawyer.

I think it is a very encouraging piece if the descriptions of the reactions are accurate. We got genuine ground swell here. Had 500 show up in NJ? Larger numbers of people are starting to get out and get involved.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

but pulling children from the arms of their criminal parents en masse is not a process I particularly want my government to engage in.
    They pull children from the arms of criminals everyday. If they are just taking of deporting.....it's a minor child....it goes to....or else they get a legal citizen to take custody and raise the child. That's what our soldiers have to do when they have to leave for duty. That's what happens when you're off to jail. There's no "for the sake of the children" in those cases.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds to me like she's got her head stuck in the movies too much! She needs to get out in the real world.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

my oh my

Every single politican needs to be exposed to a meeting like this. The number of outraged Americans is growing leaps and bounds.

I wish I could remember the moment this became a burning issue with me -oh wait I can. I was going home and this young hispanic woman let her? two young children cross the street barely missing the car in front of me. Then she started crossing the street from the other direction, never stopping so that I had to stomp on my breaks as to not hit her and the stroller she was pushing -and she was pregnant!! As I was looking at her she gave me a one shoulder shrug, a sneer, a kind of a FU look. That was it for me. The week before I was waiting to turn right -couldn't go because there was a curb to the right. A late model car kept honking at me for almost a minute for me to turn. As we turned this tattooed gangbanger looking hispanic youth starting throwing signs at me yelling who knows what. When he saw absolutely no reaction he threw both arms in disgust and sped on by.

Note: Here's the Public Affairs Officer ICE in Chicago -Gail Montenegro 312-385-1925. She didn't answer! She must be getting a lot of calls about Elvira as her message says, "If you are a reporter...." and gives her cell phone number too. She must be bombarded by calls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The descriptions of the reactions are entirely accurate. And there were more questions and statements dealing with illegal immigration, all of them negative.
    70 seats in the room and at one point standing room only and never a good word for illegal immigration. Not one.
    I was ecstatic.
    I had no idea people were this upset.
    one of her aides said she was going to have another meeting in chicago very soon. she has an office somewhere in the 5600 block of n broadway.
    it's on her congressional website.
    that will be the meeting to attend. there will be illegal alien activists at that one.
    this was very encouraging.
    gotta love my countrymen.

d tatosian