Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Immigrant Workers Will Fill the Streets This May Day

April 3, 2009

Why Immigrant Workers Will Fill the Streets This May Day

By David Bacon

In a little over a month, hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of people will fill the streets in city after city, town after town, across the US.

This year these May Day marches of immigrant workers will make an important demand on the Obama administration: End the draconian enforcement policies of the Bush administration. Establish a new immigration policy based on human rights and recognition of the crucial economic and social contributions of immigrants to US society.

This year’s marches will continue the recovery in the US of the celebration of May Day, recognized in the rest of the world as the day recognizing the contributions and achievements of working people. That recovery started on Monday, May 1, 2006, when over a million people filled the streets of Los Angeles, with hundreds of thousands more in Chicago, New York and cities and towns throughout the United States. Again on May Day in 2007 and 2008, immigrants and their supporters demonstrated and marched, from coast to coast.

One sign found in almost every march said it all: “We are Workers, not Criminals!â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you take off May 1, every law-abiding employer should fire them immediately.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There may be laws against the illegals working but you would never know it driving around the cities of N Carolina. Or anywhere else as far as that goes. If they were not working and making money they would not be here. So I believe they planned this last year and it did not amount to much since they arouse the awareness of even more citizens. Just create more anger.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

ELE

Lets all march in Mexico on May 1st.

And all Americans should go to Mexico and march in the streets and protest their Gov't sending all of their citizens into our country to use up our resources and destroy our country.

Our chants could be "take your citizens back , we don't want them"!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The amnesty movements events have been the biggest sales tool for us.What we need to do is be visible at them The majority of viewers are American voters who are strongly negative effected and unfortunately too often do not know what to do. We need to get out there to let the public know that they can act to protect the national interest from their living rooms thanks to sites like this and NumbersUSA.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE said:
    And all Americans should go to Mexico and march in the streets and protest their Gov't sending all of their citizens into our country to use up our resources and destroy our country.
    Now thats a good idea, that would be great! If not practical for enough of us to go to Mexico, we should at least protest at Mexican embassy offices here in the U.S.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

this article is replete with the same bilge, the same lame argumentation that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Pure nonsense, pure anarchy and mob rule!

The article missed a crucial point. Most immigrants, legal that is, will be working. Illegal aliens and ones who profit from them will be marching.

March on, you ingrates. Show your hate for a country you were never invited into. Show your disrespect for this country's laws. Show your xenophobic hatred of this country's citizens.
    "

Americans cannot support THEIR FAMILIES and you march in the streets on May 1 DEMANDING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION REFORM BECAUSE OF YOUR GREED AND CLAIMS OF "RIGHTS TO WORK" OVER AMERICANS RIGHTS TO THESE JOBS SO THEY CAN FEED THEIR FAMILIES AND KEEP THEIR HOMES???????

YOU INGRATES!!!!!!!!!! GO AHEAD, MARCH!!!!!!!!

I say go ahead and march, too!

These people are idiots!

Here we face one of the worst economies in years with the greatest amount of AMERICAN job losses since the 1970's, and they want to DEMAND jobs, citizenship, and rights?

I double dog dare ya to do it, as it will only awaken even MORE Americans who will not stand

I know WAY too many people here in Dallas who have lost their corporate jobs since last fall (myself included), with several more hoping to survive each new wave of layoffs.

Ya think they will want an illegal taking a job that they could possibly take to keep their families fed and a roof over their head?

THINK AGAIN!

So march all ya want, idots, as you're just writing your own deportation warrant!!

TexasGal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast