Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will Bush Pick a Latino to Replace O'Connor?

http://www.diversityinc.com/public/15537.cfm

Will Bush Pick a Latino to Replace O'Connor?
    Compiled by the DiversityInc staff
    July 03, 2005

Analysis of today's diversity news from The Miami Herald, the New York Post, USA Today, MSNBC.com and more:

Much has been made of President Bush's penchant for naming people of color to high-profile positions within his administration. He could keep that trend going when he names Sandra Day O'Connor's replacement. Among the people identified as top contenders is Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, whose recent confirmation for that position was marred by criticism of his 2002 memo arguing that the United States shouldn't have to honor international treaties when it comes to prisoners of war.

In addition to Gonzales, the Hispanic National Bar Association has come up with seven qualified candidates President Bush should consider to become the country's first Latino Supreme Court justice. The list of judges includes Jose Alberto Cabranes, Julio M. Fuentes, Emilio M. Garza, Victor Marrero, Carlos R. Moreno, Federico A. Moreno and Sonia Sotomayor.

"It is our hope that this list will give President Bush a jump start on filling any vacancy on the Court, and that a Hispanic American will be placed on the Supreme Court," said Nelson A. Castillo, the bar association's president-elect.

"President Bush has the unique opportunity to create a legacy with any future appointment," added current President Alan Varela. "Should he [name a Latino to the bench], he will demonstrate that we are most certainly the greatest nation in the world, a nation that provides true opportunity for the best and brightest to achieve the American dream."
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales will be next associate justice named to the Supreme Court
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Oh man, Sixx. Someone with ties to LA RAZA???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have no problem with Bush picking a Latino. The problem I have is for him to pick a Latino who has been active in an organization which I know is racist, La Raza. That is too wild an of an idea. I cannot believe half of the things President Bush does to this country. It's like fiction, sometimes, yet we all know it's nonfiction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to get Bush out of office before he does any more damage. Can you say IMPEACH?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)